Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:58 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,868,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Glenwood is 40ft including sidewalks (so yeah, 30ft of roadway). It was certainly one of the ones that I had/have trouble with.

Unlike Moreland, where you can bite into the parking lots a bit, Glenwood is pretty bounded by store-fronts around the East Atlanta triangle of stuff. Maybe Glenwood could be expanded a bit into people's yards, but something tells me that that's not going to go over well. At least the on-street parking is not particularly necessary, so that's a few feet there.

Glenwood actually widens out to 45ft further away from the East Atlanta triangle, and then to 50ft as you approach I-20 once more.

It's a tough route to fit anything into... maybe a center-running bus lane that is signaled to only allow one bus at a time in each direction? I dunno...
BRT on Glenwood is not happening. That is not even the final routing anyways, it is to go Bill Kennedy Way to Memorial to Moreland. However, they really need to just keep the I-20 BRT on I-20. Just build a BRT station under BKW / Moreland that connects to the street level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 11:43 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
I'd expect nothing less of a protest for proposing to bite into people's yards. I would like to see MARTA's reasoning as far as this routing goes, first, though.
When I and Imagine Memorial Director brought it to their attention, they came up with an excuse that it is one option, but the LPA has not been decided.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:56 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,690,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
When I and Imagine Memorial Director brought it to their attention, they came up with an excuse that it is one option, but the LPA has not been decided.
I might just shift the route back to I-20 and redo the sections to just be the interstate for now.

Are there any other places that jump out?

I haven't done the Greenbriar to Buckhead (Peachtree Line) street sections yet, and I still need to overlap the bike plans and redo any conflicted sections.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:20 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
I might just shift the route back to I-20 and redo the sections to just be the interstate for now.

Are there any other places that jump out?

I haven't done the Greenbriar to Buckhead (Peachtree Line) street sections yet, and I still need to overlap the bike plans and redo any conflicted sections.
maybe show a section of what transit on the beltline could look like?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
maybe show a section of what transit on the beltline could look like?
If you click the lines, each one shows a picture of the technology involved. The BeltLine ones have a picture of the renderings that included transit.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
So, here's what I've gotten down on a map. Have a look and feel free to yell at me how things can't possibly work like this:

Planned Expansions and a few Street Sections
Hey y'all, I've updated the map with the Bike Atlanta plans from here:

I'll need to update the street sections for them now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta