Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 02:01 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times

Advertisements

Is a soccer field
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 02:17 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,868,101 times
Nice. I might try to join up and play here some.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:18 PM

687 posts, read 744,398 times
This is awesome....will tie in perfectly with the build up to Atlanta United's 'kick off' in 2017.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:18 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,690,708 times
Ehhhhh..... dunno about that...

Sports facilities downtown are a decent idea, but perhaps inside the station isn't the best idea. The 'fenced' off section makes me think that, when this is unused, it will just feel like a kinda messy spot, that crowds the area.

Then again, I could be wrong about all that. It's just that, at first look, the whole thing feels very shoe-horned.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post

Sports facilities downtown are a decent idea, but perhaps inside the station isn't the best idea. The 'fenced' off section makes me think that, when this is unused, it will just feel like a kinda messy spot, that crowds the area.

Then again, I could be wrong about all that. It's just that, at first look, the whole thing feels very shoe-horned.
It's already inside a fenced off area inside the station.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:24 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,868,101 times
Quote:

It is already a fenced off area that gets no use. This would at least get it some occasional use.

Of course I think Five Points will make a great vertical TOD one day. Reconnect Broad and build two towers on top of the station. Then that space will really get the use it warrants. Obviously there won't be a soccer field at that point, but this is a good low cost way to get it some use until it gets redeveloped.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
It's already inside a fenced off area inside the station.
So it is. That's depressing, and yeah, giving this place some actual use is better than having it just sit there. I say let's do it!

I especially like that green roof that they snuck into the design.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
It is already a fenced off area that gets no use. This would at least get it some occasional use.

Of course I think Five Points will make a great vertical TOD one day. Reconnect Broad and build two towers on top of the station. Then that space will really get the use it warrants. Obviously there won't be a soccer field at that point, but this is a good low cost way to get it some use until it gets redeveloped.
Forget reconnecting Broad, the pedestrian plaza sees a lot of use.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post

Could always shift the MARTA HQ into a new, bigger tower at 5-Points / the MMPT that shares space with other agency's operations centers and offices. Then turn the Lindbergh building into office space.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:58 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Could always shift the MARTA HQ into a new, bigger tower at 5-Points / the MMPT that shares space with other agency's operations centers and offices. Then turn the Lindbergh building into office space.
That would force MARTA's employees to come all the way down to Five Points.

I am okay with the soccer field idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: