Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 08:21 PM

20 posts, read 30,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle488 View Post
I am packing and starting my road trip to the North this Wednesday. Atlanta is nice and all but I am just not happy here. The job market sucks. I am going where the money is and thats North of GA! I have lots of positive things to say about Atlanta but as far as career wise I am very unhappy.
Wishing you a safe journey and a prosperous landing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 08:26 PM

20 posts, read 30,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
One of the reasons we're moving back to Chicago is for the Winter weather!

I miss the snow and my kids are miserable here. They always complain how hot it is and every Winter they start asking, "Do you think we'll get any snow this year?" I always respond with an optimistic, maybe this will be the year!, but it hasn't snowed at all here in like 5 years and even when it does, it's just a few inches. Reflecting on my childhood during Winters, I remember the joy of the first big snow and hopes of a white Christmas, crazy snowball fights, building snowmen, building snow forts, playing football in heavy snow, sledding, ice skating, playing hockey, skeeching on the back of cars, etc., great memories! and hopefully I'm not too late to allow my kids some of those same memories.
It makes a refreshing change to hear from someone who delights in winter weather and snow! It's not for everyone, but why not? Some of the most vibrant cities in the US have hard winters.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:35 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,612,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apres-ski View Post
I think you might be confusing 'culture' with small clusters of retail, restaurants and bars.
I don't think you've spent any time exploring the city if that's all you think these places are.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:42 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,894,699 times
I'm ok with folks who aren't happy here, clearing on out. It'll make it easier to get to my concert, shopping and airport destinations

Old 07-29-2016, 11:54 AM

719 posts, read 1,327,538 times
It's not an insult if somebody says they're moving out the city for reasons they don't like. He stated his case and is moving.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:54 PM

396 posts, read 598,957 times
atl isn't for everyone, but i've lived elsewhere and still love it in spite of its faults. good luck to the both of you.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:50 PM
XFS

22 posts, read 37,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apres-ski View Post
Then jog on, and find one that you prefer!
I got question why are you moving out of Atlanta? There is nothing wrong with the Metro. Or you want a new start. I do live in Atlanta.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:23 PM

155 posts, read 205,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
And with all those stats, Chicago is still far and beyond a better city than Atlanta! lol

btw, the vast majority of the killings are gang vs. gang and isolated to the South Side so no one really cares... Eventually they'll solve the problem themselves.
What a coincidence? Are you that racist? Please go back to Germany with all the nazis

Old 07-31-2016, 12:17 PM

6,706 posts, read 6,411,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
What a coincidence? Are you that racist? Please go back to Germany with all the nazis
How is that racist? Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes!

Old 07-31-2016, 07:20 PM

134 posts, read 187,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
I'm invoking Godwins Law on this one! 😂
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta