Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:50 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sualpine View Post
Even more money Cobb could have spent putting into Marta.
I cannot wait for SunTrust Park to open.
This is a GADOT problem, not a Cobb County problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 06:09 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
This is a GADOT problem, not a Cobb County problem.
And more specifically a Cumberland CID issue.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:36 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Oh hush up, you whine too much and cape for STUPIDITY.
Who made you the boss of me?

Old 08-09-2016, 10:45 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Oh hush up, you whine too much and cape for STUPIDITY. Cobb is a jurisdiction with that allows its elected officials to make STUPID decisions, so they DESERVE all the flack they are getting.
Er... Tim Lee did that once, with zero community input, and he's gone.

How did we "allow" that action again?

Old 08-09-2016, 03:19 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Er... Tim Lee did that once, with zero community input, and he's gone.

How did we "allow" that action again?
When the majority of a voting electorate pick the leadership then it is allowing them. Furthermore, I recall Lisa Cupid also voting in favor of one of the measures securing funding for SunTrust Park.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:32 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
When the majority of a voting electorate pick the leadership then it is allowing them. Furthermore, I recall Lisa Cupid also voting in favor of one of the measures securing funding for SunTrust Park.
Tim Lee was relatively good in his position, as far as I could tell, prior to the Suntrust Park fiasco. Cobb County has historically been relatively transparent about its processes and its fund allocation.

I helped to vote him out.

I'm not sure what you expect from Cobb voters. The man did something which violated our trust in him, and we threw him out. That's how the system works.

Voting, unfortunately, also takes place BEFORE a politician takes actions as an elected official, and it's a lot harder to dodge those without a TARDIS or some form of precognition. I guess that makes me guilty of allowing him to take action.

Last edited by rcsteiner; 08-09-2016 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: s/be/been/1

Old 08-09-2016, 11:15 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,875 times

I'm enjoying my 2 Smyrna properties values shooting while you all whine. Interestingly, my West Cobb property hasn't seen a boost from the increased dev yet like the Smyrna ones have, though the West Cobb property is brand new, kind of big for the area, with all the upgrades, so I paid a premium for it. Anyway, W Cobb is still hot and will become hotter as the new office workers start moving their family down towards Macland Rd. Smyrna's Windy Hill tunnel and local road concept will help disperse new office workers throughout the county and also revitalize the NW part of Smyrna. (I also think the Windy Hill project through Smyrna will cost more than this interchange we're talking about, right?)

fyi I voted for Tim Lee in the primary & runoff (specifically voted in the R primary for that reason even though I'm I). I think all that stuff about secret deals was nonsense. Tim Lee took an office district that was suffering from atrophy, getting its butt kicked by the Perimeter CID, and breathed new life into it. It's all for the betterment of all of Cobb, including future school taxes and property values. What's funny is that a Northeastern progressive replaced him. I'm really fine with either outcome. Progressive is progressive.

I hope the BRT/LRT still happens.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:26 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
As much as I dislike road-only building and Cobb County in general, this is a good project and will help connect the south-end of Cumberland to the HOT lanes. It will provide workers an easier option of using GRTA/CCT buses to P&R lots in North Cobb, Cherokee, and Bartow which I hope will encourage more people to dump their single occupancy commute and use transit.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:43 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
fyi I voted for Tim Lee in the primary & runoff (specifically voted in the R primary for that reason even though I'm I). I think all that stuff about secret deals was nonsense. Tim Lee took an office district that was suffering from atrophy, getting its butt kicked by the Perimeter CID, and breathed new life into it. It's all for the betterment of all of Cobb, including future school taxes and property values.
This mindset is why jerkoffs like Lee get away with the crap they do.

Last edited by Gulch; 08-10-2016 at 08:30 AM..

Old 08-10-2016, 07:54 AM

527 posts, read 320,004 times
^ Exactly Cumberland didn't need the Braves to grow. What a silly argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta