Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 03:09 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,820,665 times

Advertisements

Atlanta offers a wide variety of cuisines; however, you can love a dish at one restaurant and hate it at the next. Similarly, you can dislike almost every dish in a restaurant but one that feels like a party in your mouth.

I would like to know what floats your boat and the restaurant that does it just like you want it. The dish can be anything from asparagus to bread knots to oxtails. I am just curious what you really liked and where it was served.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 03:44 PM

222 posts, read 231,518 times
the surf and turf (filet cooked medium-rare and the fried lobster) at Chops is my favorite Atlanta meal.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:20 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Atlanta offers a wide variety of cuisines; however, you can love a dish at one restaurant and hate it at the next. Similarly, you can dislike almost every dish in a restaurant but one that feels like a party in your mouth.

I would like to know what floats your boat and the restaurant that does it just like you want it. The dish can be anything from asparagus to bread knots to oxtails. I am just curious what you really liked and where it was served.
The calamari at Serpas.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:18 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Double Cheeseburger at Little's.

Comfy Chicken Biscuit at Home Grown.

Pizza by the slice at Rosa's.

Macaroni & cheese and smoked wings at Fox Bros.

Fried chicken w/ green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy at Matthews.

Italian Fries from the Mix'd Up food truck.

Prime Rib with a massive martini at Blue Ribbon Grill (only available on Saturday)

Philly taco at Taqueria Los Hermanos

The Bonzo at Murphy's.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:33 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,235,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Double Cheeseburger at Little's.

Comfy Chicken Biscuit at Home Grown.

Pizza by the slice at Rosa's.

Macaroni & cheese and smoked wings at Fox Bros.

Fried chicken w/ green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy at Matthews.

Italian Fries from the Mix'd Up food truck.

Prime Rib with a massive martini at Blue Ribbon Grill (only available on Saturday)

Philly taco at Taqueria Los Hermanos

The Bonzo at Murphy's.
I like this list & this thread topic. Your list gives me some ideas of new dishes to try - mostly at casual places, it appears, which is what I'm looking for in my Atlanta quest to find the type of places that are featured on "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives."

Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
I like this list & this thread topic. Your list gives me some ideas of new dishes to try - mostly at casual places, it appears, which is what I'm looking for in my Atlanta quest to find the type of places that are featured on "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives."
Mathews has been on DDD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5NgrO3OyWQ

Old 08-09-2016, 08:16 AM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Ya'll making me hungry.
When you say 'bites', I think Tapas, and when I think Tapas, I think Barcelona. Great wine list, too. They've got one in West Midtown now, too!

www.barcelonawinebar.com

Old 08-09-2016, 12:50 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Truite Amandine at Atmosphere Bistro.

Beef Pho at Lee's Bakery.

Grilled Octopus at Kyma.

Pepperoni, Mushroom and Onion pizza at Mellow Mushroom.

Fried Chicken at Busy Bee.

Veal Parmesan at Tratoria One41.

French Fries at McDonalds.

Banana Pudding at Mary Mac's.

Taco's at Mavericks.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:26 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
You can tell I have high class taste-

Taco Pete - Hot w/ lemon pepper wings, extra crispy, wet w/ a crunchy beef taco. Perfection

Old 08-09-2016, 01:58 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,699 times
-The "Del Mar" tuna burger at Stockyard, served rare, on the Marietta Square (and now in Vinings also)

-The sea scallops appetizer at Two Birds Taphouse, a new addition to the Marietta Square

-Anything at The Butcher The Baker on the Marietta Square, but particularly whatever preparation of duck breast they're doing at the moment

-Tempura shrimp tacos at Tsunami on the Marietta Square

-Most anything at Canoe in Vinings

-Escargots, just about any main course and the mousse au chocolat at La Petite Maison in Sandy Springs

-Pizza at Antico on the Westside
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta