Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 07:05 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,047,632 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I like Laughing Skull. It's tiny and intimate. The worst thing is it doesn't have a bathroom, you have to go out to the Vortex, so it's pretty much impossible to get up and go without disrupting the set. I saw Emo Philips there and he picked on everybody who had to go to the bathroom. Great show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 10:02 AM

3,707 posts, read 5,981,543 times
There are a handful of clubs and places that have comedy nights. Laughing Skull is definitely the most notable for good comedy, but Atlanta's scene isn't on the level of LA/NYC/Chicago for sure. We've definitely had standouts but they mostly migrate to those cities.

We're big into improv though, if that's your cup of tea.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:51 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Only one I have ever been to in Atlanta is Uptown Comedy Club on Marietta St near Northside Drive.

I think they need to upgrade the building and their food/drinks are super expensive IMO but you can always get free tickets to most shows. IMO they aren't anything special though. I just went to see particular comedians I liked.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:20 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
The Improv and the Punchline handled many of the more well known comics, both of which have experienced recent changes.

The Punchline is an Atlanta original, but recently moved to a diner. Haven't been there since, so not sure how serious of a club this is anymore.

The Improv is a national chain of comedy clubs, it used to be in the East Andrews entertainment district but that is being torn down. Last I heard, this was moving to Tower Place which should be a great location.

For actual improv, IMO Village Theater is the best. A bit more crude than any other improv place in Atlanta. They have comedy events other than improv as well. Dad's Garage is an Atlanta classic, Whole World seems pretty good but a bit cleaner, never checked out Basement Theater, but it is another improv place which is in Buckhead.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:22 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,639,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Only one I have ever been to in Atlanta is Uptown Comedy Club on Marietta St near Northside Drive.

I think they need to upgrade the building and their food/drinks are super expensive IMO but you can always get free tickets to most shows. IMO they aren't anything special though. I just went to see particular comedians I liked.
Uptown Comedy Club sucks!

Old 08-15-2016, 01:24 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Dad's Garage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta