Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:22 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,292 times

Advertisements

They are moving some serious material around the Masquerade. Yesterday morning dump trucks were lined up 10 deep in BOTH directions on North Ave waiting to get in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 05:12 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,235,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
Raise your paw if you saw that coming
As soon as they announced the location I thought about this neighborhood. I'm not sure if it is great planning to have a pretty active concert venue so close to a neighborhood. This isn't a situation where people are moving in and complaining about an existing business.

I guess part of me really hopes this location doesn't work out and they have to move somewhere else. I know I'm not a regular patron, but this new location just doesn't seem right.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:14 AM

513 posts, read 1,631,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The Masquerade hasn't been cool since the '90s. Since then, the east side crowd only went there begrudgingly. The "cool" folks would much rather see a concert at the Earl, Star Bar, Variety Playhouse, 529, or even Terminal West or the Center Stage complex. That's the way it's been for a long time. All this Masquerade love these days is really fake. It's far more a reflection of anti-gentrification sentiments than love for the Masquerade.
Completely agree. I'm not sure what happened with this club the last 15 years, but I haven't gone there one time after seeing a huge amount of bands in the 90's. While there might be a little bit of this due to my age I do still get out and see currents bands at other clubs. I'm slightly sad seeing Masquerade go away, but it's pretty much been dead to me for long. I'll probably actually go check out a bar/restaurant there, though.

The shows! Happy Mondays, Hole, Bjork, Nitzer Ebb, Rocket From The Crypt, Fugazi, Eek-A-Mouse, Pale Saints, Mekons, Foo Fighters, Stereolab, Spiritualized, Dickies, Hoodoo Gurus, J&M Chain.... so many more. I'm not saying they never had good bands anymore, but their glory days were way in the past.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:45 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
OMG, how wonderful would this be?! Will start out as temporary, but if all goes well could become permanent.
Exclusive: The Masquerade could be moving to Underground Atlanta - Curbed Atlanta

Old 09-16-2016, 08:47 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
They should have been moved to UA. Plenty of parking, plenty of space, etc

Old 09-16-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
They should have been moved to UA. Plenty of parking, plenty of space, etc
Oh and MARTA!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2016, 08:53 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Oh and MARTA!!!!!!!!!

They can turn a few of those other clubs into bars/etc so people can hang out after the concert plus this will give south downtown more energy at night. They should turn the old Coca Cola museum into the new Masquerade

Old 09-16-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
They can turn a few of those other clubs into bars/etc so people can hang out after the concert plus this will give south downtown more energy at night
It will help the blossoming art scene along South Board as well.
If anyone is thinking of buying in South Downtown, now is the time.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:06 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,235,222 times
Oh hells yes, a much much much better and interesting option than...Blandtown. This is nothing but good for the surrounding area and the patrons of the Masquerade. LOVE. IT.

Quote:
If anyone is thinking of buying in South Downtown, now is the time.
I want to soooooo bad it is killing me. Downtown in general has become our (well, my) primary area to consider for an upcoming move.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:08 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
OMG, how wonderful would this be?! Will start out as temporary, but if all goes well could become permanent.
Exclusive: The Masquerade could be moving to Underground Atlanta - Curbed Atlanta
Did you really have to play the race card in the comments of that article, CQ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta