Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 01:52 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
So it will wrap around Bulldoggs? Damn .... how much is that building worth?!
Plenty. I'm sure they'll sell it in the future for a mint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 02:02 PM

770 posts, read 603,671 times
Yeah to the side of Bulldogs, though that smaller lot next to it will still be staying too, FYI. They are only the lot on 7th and then it gets wider in the back on Juniper.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
Yeah to the side of Bulldogs, though that smaller lot next to it will still be staying too, FYI. They are only the lot on 7th and then it gets wider in the back on Juniper.
Weird. You know the developer made a pitch to purchase the Bulldoggs property. Who wouldn't want the extra frontage on Peachtree?

Whoever owns Bulldoggs must be holding out for a ridiculously high price. But what's to say they wouldn't have gotten all they could hope to get by selling as part of this larger tract? Remaining there will greatly limit the future development potential unless it's combined with the corner at 8th.

ALSO: How on earth is Bulldoggs paying their property tax bill? Are they under some kind of grandfather clause? Here is Savannah, a lot of longtime mom and pop businessss in the HD are being forced to close or relocate because they can no longer afford the rapidly escalating taxes.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:02 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,719 times
Yes!! This is one of my favorite projects proposed. I was hoping this would come to fruition. Love the quality of some of the towers being proposed. If the two JPX towers would go up, this would truly be a winning season of construction for this town.

(As an aside, someone on another forum I read is saying that construction fencing is up for "The Charles" condo tower in Buckhead so that is one more terrific project.)

Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
If only all parking decks were made to look this good.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
So it will wrap around Bulldoggs? Damn .... how much is that building worth?!
You can't put a price on memories, Newsboy.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:49 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,875 times
You know what'd be really cool? Parking decks with gardens on the edges, like that building in Perimeter Center here . It kinda goes along with the "tree city" theme.

Old 08-20-2016, 02:43 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You can't put a price on memories, Newsboy.
That's what they said about Backstreet ... and The Armory ... and Weekends ... and The Cove ... and The Masquerade ... and of course, The Gold Club!

Old 08-20-2016, 05:18 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
Quote:
Weird. You know the developer made a pitch to purchase the Bulldoggs property. Who wouldn't want the extra frontage on Peachtree?

Whoever owns Bulldoggs must be holding out for a ridiculously high price. But what's to say they wouldn't have gotten all they could hope to get by selling as part of this larger tract? Remaining there will greatly limit the future development potential unless it's combined with the corner at 8th.

ALSO: How on earth is Bulldoggs paying their property tax bill? Are they under some kind of grandfather clause? Here is Savannah, a lot of longtime mom and pop businessss in the HD are being forced to close or relocate because they can no longer afford the rapidly escalating taxes.
I used to know the owner of Bulldogs and he said it was a gold mine...it's no mom and pop store - that's for sure. I'm not sure if the same guy still owns it but it rakes in the money with that location. There might be more going on that liquor sales tho...who knows. I like having bars along the street. Everything doesn't need to be glassy highrise, and at least it's not an empty lot.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:19 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
Quote:
That's what they said about Backstreet ... and The Armory ... and Weekends ... and The Cove ... and The Masquerade ... and of course, The Gold Club!
Backstreet might still be there if it weren't for the 24 hour liquor license being revoked. Another gold mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta