Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2016, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,656 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest a good low cost private school ( around 300 per month) for a 3.5 yrs old kid.looking around marietta or smyrna or vinings or dunwoody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 03:13 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,910 times
Not from the area, but since I notice that you are essentially searching for a preschool, I would recommend trying some of the local churches. Near me in downtown Jonesboro, both the Baptist and United Methodist churches feature well regarded preschools and both of those actually would come below your price range. There may be a similar set-up in the South Cobb/ North Dekalb area. Good luck!

Old 08-28-2016, 09:55 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,775,164 times
For preschools:
Vinings Academy near the Sprouts/Publix at the intersections of Cumberland Pkwy and E-W Connector with South Cobb Dr in Smyrna wasn't too bad a price and was a great school for our kids. And when your kid gets out, you can pop over to the gym next door with a day care. However, for $300 you will have to keep your kid home at least one day a week. It works fine though. We had two kids there so we kept each of them home one day a week (on different days and I don't think they really missed out on much. My s.o. was working as a tutor all over the North metro when we had our first kid, and she hand-picked that one. Of course, we lived in Smyrna at the time so I'm sure each city has some great preschools. My s.o. has heard good things about Primrose, but they are uber-expensive (and she didn't really consider it worth it)

There are a bunch of church-based schools that will be more affordable but on average probably won't be as good.

When your kid gets to elementary school, there will be Whitefield, Lovett, Westminster and Paces Academies around Smyrna but $300 won't do it :-) May want to look at the International Academy of Smyrna (a Charter school) or King Springs if looking for the best public schools.

However, of course, other public elementary schools in Smyrna are decent: Nickajack, Smyrna Elementary, Brown and Teasley are good too and the others in actual Smyrna city limits (ignore addresses) are getting better quickly with the exception of Green Acres. E.g. Argyle and Belmont Hills elementary are improving pretty astonishingly but I still hear a mix of good and bad things depending who I talk to.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:41 PM

95 posts, read 214,466 times
Dunwoody has methodist and baptist - 2 churches that run preschool
If you/spouse ok to pick up kid in the afternoons -it works out pretty good.
Dont work for us so ended up spending and sending our kids to Primrose

based on where you are - a local church might have a program

Old 08-29-2016, 11:08 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,112,217 times
What hours are you looking for?

My 2 cents:

Look for a NAEYC accreditation. It's absolutely untrue that a church-based preschool wouldn't be as good as a full-time day care. Especially if it's gone through the NAEYC accreditation process.

After you've found several places that fit what you're looking for, choose based on proximity to home or work.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:47 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,055 times
We did Dunwoody Methodist for kindergarten (T-K) this past year and had a great experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta