Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 02:39 PM

147 posts, read 216,151 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I have been posting on here since my husband and I moved from DC to Smyrna in March. Thank you to everyone that has given any kind of advice to me on smyrna, east atlanta, mableton, south atlanta, historic college park, etc. (we have been all over the place, lol). Well an opportunity presented itself and we were ready. Although it was the most stressful process of my life we bought ourselves a decent fixer upper 2 miles from the Braves stadium and less than 2 miles from Smyrna Market Village! Between a bidding war with investors and a very short seller mandated closing date it was tough, but it is finally ours. Now we are in full reno mode! We want to put new floors throughout the home. Does anyone have contractors or store suggestions? We don't want to get hit over the head for floors. Also, if you have suggestions for bathroom or kitchen remodel contractors please let me know!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 02:06 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,514,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquestar06 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been posting on here since my husband and I moved from DC to Smyrna in March. Thank you to everyone that has given any kind of advice to me on smyrna, east atlanta, mableton, south atlanta, historic college park, etc. (we have been all over the place, lol). Well an opportunity presented itself and we were ready. Although it was the most stressful process of my life we bought ourselves a decent fixer upper 2 miles from the Braves stadium and less than 2 miles from Smyrna Market Village! Between a bidding war with investors and a very short seller mandated closing date it was tough, but it is finally ours. Now we are in full reno mode! We want to put new floors throughout the home. Does anyone have contractors or store suggestions? We don't want to get hit over the head for floors. Also, if you have suggestions for bathroom or kitchen remodel contractors please let me know!!!
Since you seem to be having trouble getting replies to this post, one important thing that you can and probably should do to find contractors is to network with real estate professionals and investors at your local REIA (Real Estate Investors Association) to find high-quality qualified contractors.

Networking at your local REIA you may also help you to find out information about where the best places are to buy certain various materials and about how to get generous discounts on those purchases.

There are at least 4 major REIAs in the Atlanta metro area that I know of offhand (Georgia REIA, Atlanta REIA, Atlanta Metro REIA and North Metro REIA). I will PM you the links to their websites.

Each of the 3 REIAs has one major monthly meeting and numerous subgroups that touch on different geographical and business themes.

Georgia REIA has a main monthly meeting and a subgroup that meets near you each month. Atlanta Metro REIA also has a main monthly meeting and other events that meet near you each month while North Metro REIA has a main monthly meeting out in Cartersville each month.

Atlanta REIA has a geographical focus on Intown Atlanta, the I-20 West Corridor (Douglas County) and South Metro Atlanta.

Be warned that finding contractors (particularly GOOD contractors) will be a challenge in the current climate in real estate because the market is so hot and so active right now... Something that means that the supply of quality qualified contractors potentially may be stretched thin throughout many parts of the Atlanta metro area, including in a very hot and active area like Smyrna and Cobb County.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:56 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,270,128 times
You made a really wise decision with this area. I'm a mile or 2 from the Battery as well, and the value of my home (condo) has gone up in just less than 2 years since I bought it. As you can see with all the construction, the area's on the upswing.

I don't think it really has much or anything to do with the stadium. I think it's just people realized this is a great location, just outside of the city, and near everything.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:45 PM

147 posts, read 216,151 times
@primaltech I really hope! We enjoy the area and it seems like people are moving into Smyrna by the droves!

Old 01-03-2018, 02:45 PM

333 posts, read 388,470 times
Congratulations on the home purchase and welcome.

If you are unable to find someone, you might consider looking at the contractors at Atlanta Best Pick Reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta