Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 10:08 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,884,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
1) More violent assaults by blacks and Hispanics
2) Overall crime will increase.

Targets are targets...put more of them in a square mile and sooner or later, someone is getting clipped during the commission of an armed robbery...just mathematical odds in that favor...

Is Atlanta improving? Somewhat....but, it still has a long, long way to go and the more redevelopment they can accomplish downtown, the more THAT part of town will improve. Unfortunately, the thugs move too. And as the other poster mentioned, they will go where the money is.....weird, home invasions seem to be picking up or is that my perception I'm not sure.....Houston mastered it years ago....
@caleb, you're on point a lot about some things, but this sounds like you generally haven't spent a great deal of time around black and hispanic people... or if you have, you haven't been giving them a fair chance. i definitely recommend spending more time in black and hispanic neighborhoods, and appreciating their culture like you would if you were on vacation in europe. we have a lot of interesting culture here in atlanta; if you step outside the box a little i promise you'll be happy you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 02:21 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,235,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Shamefully racist.

And yet, accurate? Maybe you can show me differently....tell you what, go on crimespot.com and start sniffing around to where the crimes are. Just spitballing here but, I think you will find there is more of that in da' hood than the burbs'....a thought....

Old 09-29-2016, 02:23 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,235,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
@caleb, you're on point a lot about some things, but this sounds like you generally haven't spent a great deal of time around black and hispanic people... or if you have, you haven't been giving them a fair chance. i definitely recommend spending more time in black and hispanic neighborhoods, and appreciating their culture like you would if you were on vacation in europe. we have a lot of interesting culture here in atlanta; if you step outside the box a little i promise you'll be happy you did.

Why is it when someone calls out verifiable facts, its suddenly, "racist". Believe me, I get it. I work with both and I don't think many know just how many wonderful people reside in both. I could have worded it a bit more clearly but, I think 99% get the point. If one were to simply look on crimespot.com and sniff around the area I think they will see it's spot on.....it's NOT an indictment on either. It's simply reporting what happens.

Case in point, when the economy eventually picks up, you will see more illegals here simply trying to make a living. The MAIN reason illegal immigration is down IS because of the economy....let it pick up 5 points and watch the convenience store parking lots full of day laborers fill up circa 2005 style.

It is, what it is....

Old 09-30-2016, 05:38 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,884,567 times
i never called you a racist because i wanted you to listen. telling someone they're terrible isn't a good way to get people to listen. but like jane elliot said 30 years ago, if you're raised in this country, it's impossible to not hold racist beliefs.

racism is a self-fulfilling prophecy. the majority is afraid of race X committing crimes, so they live far away from them and don't interact with them economically. then as the members of race X are starved of resources, jobs, and education, some turn to crime, most turn to manual labor, and the majority uses this as proof that the people of race X are naturally predisposed to crime and at their best can only do manual labor. there is little crossover so the cultures become increasingly different and the differences that weren't really prominent in the first place become more and more exaggerated and are used as proof to continue to avoid interaction with people of race X.

everyone knows that low-income black and hispanic neighborhoods have higher rates of crime. but we need to acknowledge the economic and social forces that have created this situation, instead of looking at these crime rates and saying "well, there's just something wrong with them", and making the situation even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta