Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 AM

483 posts, read 2,093,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslashondapjohnson View Post
... I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHAT BRICK VENEER IS MAYBE I MISSED THE BUS..LOL BUT I'M SAYING ALL HOMES I SAW WERE FRAME HOMES - AND I KNOW ALOT OF FRAME HOMES TEND TO NOT HAVE CENTRAL HEAT / AC JUST PRIME EXAMPLE....

SO YES YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION BUT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING BOUT PUMP UR BRAKES BEFORE YOU HIT A DEAD END...LOL....
You don't know what brick veneer is.
You think frame homes don't have central heat/air.
And you think WE don't know what we're talking about?

BTW: if you have a 4br home - brick or otherwise - for $900 - STAY THERE!
You won't find anything that large for that price here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslashondapjohnson View Post
MAYBE I MISSED THE BUS..LOL BUT I'M SAYING ALL HOMES I SAW WERE FRAME HOMES - AND I KNOW ALOT OF FRAME HOMES TEND TO NOT HAVE CENTRAL HEAT / AC JUST PRIME EXAMPLE....
Um... I would guess that 99.9% of the frame homes built in the Atlanta metro area over the past 20 years have both central air and central heating. This is Atlanta we're talking about, not Florida, and it sometimes actually gets cold here. And I'm speaking as a former Minnesotan. I consider temps in the teens to (barely) qualify.

As at least one other has said, there are a number of older brick rambler-style houses scattered around central and southern Cobb County. We lived in one for several months (a rental) in Smyrna just south of Paces Ferry Road that was built in the 1950's, and it wasn't a bad house at all -- it had hardwood floors, a full basement, and a very large yard!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 PM

206 posts, read 1,013,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvm View Post
You don't know what brick veneer is.
You think frame homes don't have central heat/air.
And you think WE don't know what we're talking about?

BTW: if you have a 4br home - brick or otherwise - for $900 - STAY THERE!
You won't find anything that large for that price here.
the part that I mentioned about not knowing what she was talking about was the comment about the champagne on a beer budget that was over and beyond what the f i was talking about ..

furthermore I was just asking worse person can say is no right...

another poster mentioned something about a brick veneer and yes i said i had no clue what that was and I was just asking about a brick home not what is all inside the home and I just observed a lot of older homes there that were frame some had no a/c unit so ...EXCUSE THE F out of me for having ? 's and you for being a
jjjjerk .....but it 's cool
i anticipate that everynow and then ...HAVE A GR8 day

and also if i was satisfied with where i am I would STAY So

Old 02-29-2008, 10:53 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,774,612 times
In Smyrna/Vinings at least half the homes and townhomes are brick, though a lot of the newer ones are only brick on 3 sides. In rare cases only 1. There's also quite a few stone homes in Smyrna/Vinings. Most of the brick/stone homes are either older bungalows or newer Georgian style colonials. The other common styles in metro Atlanta is the newer and older craftsman style homes, which usually aren't brick. Like any metro area, in the 70s and 80s they built a lot of contemporaries, standard colonials, raised ranches and split levels, which usually aren't brick.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 PM

162 posts, read 683,548 times
I doubt if you will find a 4 bedroom brick in Cobb for that price. I know there a lots of 3 bedroom/1bath older homes built in the 60's from what I've been told. They are over near Favor Road area in South Cobb, near Osborne High. That is a marginal area though, meaning lots of for sale signs and rentals galore. Lots of over crowding in some parts.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:22 PM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
Almost all homes in Atlanta area are frame houses. Either with a brick or other siding. Brick or other masonary construction are rarely used and are appraised lower. When my mother-in-law visited we lived in Atlanta, She commented that there must be very poor living there because so many people could not complete their house. In her country houses are made of brick and it is covered with stucco. When a frame home is covered by brick, it is appraised as a "high quality construction". If the same frame is covered with siding it is concidered to be "Average quality construction". Same quality frame just different covering.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:38 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,200 times
Look at the older neighborhoods south of 20 in fulton county and east Atlanta.

East Atlanta, West End, East Point, College Park, Adair Park, Capitol Hill, Capitol View.

All either old old (like 1920s -30s) brick bungalow types, or Int he case of East Atlanta and East Point closer to 285, 50's - 80s ranch and mcmansion type.

900 rent or 900 mortgage? You should be able to find some of both.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:41 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,770,199 times
This is a six year old thread that you are responding to that was brought recent by a hack to sell properties

Reported so this thread can be closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta