Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:51 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,709,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
That's not even Bankhead for one. And anyone can post random articles on shootings. Midtown was lit up like a warzone a few months ago. Buckhead recently had a road rage shooting. Are you scared of those areas? NW Atlanta isn't even the most dangerous part of Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 06:10 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,483,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
That's not even Bankhead for one. And anyone can post random articles on shootings. Midtown was lit up like a warzone a few months ago. Buckhead recently had a road rage shooting. Are you scared of those areas? NW Atlanta isn't even the most dangerous part of Atlanta.
Demonta without being a smartazz what are the geographical perimeter of the quote unquote Bankhead neighborhood? How do you yourself classify what Bankhead is and is not?

Old 12-14-2016, 06:18 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,724,199 times
Quote:
Well my point is historically THE Westside has no anchor to the west. Humorously enough you mentioned that lake pit, which is something I discovered by accident when browsing google maps. Im kinda a map nerd. Its just too many hoods on the The Westside. The Eastside and Southsides are pretty bad too, but I feel the west has the least potential. From the rail yards, to Six Flags to all the landfills. It just seems the westside is destined to be the dump of the metro. Id love for Bankhead marta station to get many TODs. Im a fan of the westside stops getting development. Sadly many would rather have commuter rail to come to their suburbs vs filling in the dead zones of H E Holmes, Bankhead, Westlake, Ashby and Vine City. In their words not mine. "THERE IS NO DEMAND"
I think you will see investment along MLK to Westview Cemetery and along the Westside Trail to Bankhead. Also, West Highlands and Grove Park around Bellwood Quarry and along the Proctor Creek greenway.
I would rather see MARTA focus on it's current service areas, before chasing the girl who doesn't want him (Cobb.)

Old 12-14-2016, 09:20 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,483,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I think you will see investment along MLK to Westview Cemetery and along the Westside Trail to Bankhead. Also, West Highlands and Grove Park around Bellwood Quarry and along the Proctor Creek greenway.
I would rather see MARTA focus on it's current service areas, before chasing the girl who doesn't want him (Cobb.)
Ey man Im with you on the Cobb thing and I live in Cobb. And I totally agree not only should MARTA focus on those dead stations but so should......never mind.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:02 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,709,736 times
Quote:
Demonta without being a smartazz what are the geographical perimeter of the quote unquote Bankhead neighborhood? How do you yourself classify what Bankhead is and is not?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knig...Howell_Station

Knight Park-Howell Station, also known as Howell Station Historic District or Knight Park Historic District, is a National historic district and neighborhood in West Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knig...Howell_Station

Knight Park-Howell Station, also known as Howell Station Historic District or Knight Park Historic District, is a National historic district and neighborhood in West Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia.
Fixed it

Old 12-14-2016, 11:47 AM

160 posts, read 158,102 times
Whew! Looks like Memphis. Now I know a few more areas to avoid.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:05 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,662,773 times
Quote:
Ey man Im with you on the Cobb thing and I live in Cobb. And I totally agree not only should MARTA focus on those dead stations but so should......never mind.
Man, it's almost like that's already happening. What a surprise.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:35 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,632,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Come CQHolt, please let MARTA chase Cobb...we need MARTA badly. The madness has to stop one day.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
Come CQHolt, please let MARTA chase Cobb...we need MARTA badly. The madness has to stop one day.
While it is not up to me, it has been discussed on these boards that if Cobb residents really want MARTA, the push needs to start internally (within the county residents and leadership.) Clayton Clayton has already written the playbook, all Cobb needs to do is follow it and make tweaks to fit their circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta