U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 435 times

Advertisements

I am new to the area so this is not going to be descriptive but hoping someone with more knowledge than me may know what I am talking about. When I first moved here I drove past a used book store that was white, had a lot of front windows and just said books at the top. I had thought it was near back side of Ponce City but after driving around I found out that I don't know what I am talking about. If you have any ideas or drive past it every day by chance, let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 02:05 PM

23,120 posts, read 36,848,848 times
The only one that I can think of that would be near PCM would be Majors on North Avenue, but that closed some time ago.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/majors-medical-books-atlanta

Old 12-19-2016, 08:26 PM
bu2

11,024 posts, read 7,341,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2017 View Post
I am new to the area so this is not going to be descriptive but hoping someone with more knowledge than me may know what I am talking about. When I first moved here I drove past a used book store that was white, had a lot of front windows and just said books at the top. I had thought it was near back side of Ponce City but after driving around I found out that I don't know what I am talking about. If you have any ideas or drive past it every day by chance, let me know!
Eagle Books has used books. But its several miles from there. Its at N. Decatur and Clairmont between Druid Hills and Decatur.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:45 PM

680 posts, read 441,663 times
The Book Nook is on N Druid Hills just off of Clairmont, but it has a red and yellow signs.
There's a picture on their ad: Home | Book Store In Decatur, GA | Book Nook

Old 12-20-2016, 07:16 AM

There's also A Capella Books, in Inman Park not too far from PCM.

A Cappella Books

Old 12-20-2016, 08:21 AM

30,256 posts, read 28,250,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The only one that I can think of that would be near PCM would be Majors on North Avenue, but that closed some time ago.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/majors-medical-books-atlanta
I always loved Majors. If I was in the vicinity I would stop in and read medical books, even though I had little understanding of what they meant. How do doctors figure all that stuff out?

Old 12-20-2016, 11:33 AM

4 posts, read 4,918 times
Default old book store

I think the store you are thinking of was at the corner of Virginia and North Highland. Owner passed away and store has been closed for 10 years or so.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1962 View Post
I think the store you are thinking of was at the corner of Virginia and North Highland. Owner passed away and store has been closed for 10 years or so.
I cannot for the life of me remember the name of that bookstore. It fits in one sense what the OP is describing; it simply said "Books" on its' signage.
At any rate it was a terrific bookstore, and I bought a lot of art books out of there over the years. All I know is that it's now an upscale home furnishings store called the Urban Cottage.

Urban Cottage Atlanta

UPDATE: Aha! After a little digging, I recall that the owner opened a second location down N. Highland in Poncey-Highland. It survived the original and remained open until 2011. I believe this is the store that the OP is looking for.

http://patch.com/georgia/vahi/a-eulo...-book-exchange

Last edited by Iconographer; 12-20-2016 at 12:22 PM..

Old 12-20-2016, 12:38 PM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,678,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1962 View Post
I used to go in there to use his photocopier. He advertised 100 copies for $4, or something like that. But he would always grumble because he had books sitting on top of the copier piled to the ceiling that he'd have to move. Hey, don't like it? Take the ad out of your window.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I used to go in there to use his photocopier. He advertised 100 copies for $4, or something like that. But he would always grumble because he had books sitting on top of the copier piled to the ceiling that he'd have to move. Hey, don't like it? Take the ad out of your window.
HA! Sounds just like him; the owner was a notorious crank. Must come with the territory...the Book Nook's owner is as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or