Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 01:40 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello Is Here View Post
This aint an Atlanta thing.This is a "gay community" thing.There is never an issue unless there are as many blacks as their are whites/If its a smaller black gay population in a vastly white ,Asian or Hispanic area.blacks are treated better.
Either way,I never see it as a major obstacle.Seen worse hanging with cousins in SF and Miami even worse if youre black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello Is Here View Post
While I dont think its that bad,I do think there are divisions in the Gay community.However Black gay Pride does not mean its only black people no more than "Mainstreeam" Gay Pride is for whites and others ONLY.

Ive seen white people come in from all over for Black gay Pride as well.

As i said before ,many cities have Black Gay Pride Celebrations.D.C.,Houston,L.A.,are just some cities with huige celebrations. Jero'S assumption that the presence of both Prides means there is racial strife is ridiculous.
I've never said the existence of both pride celebrations is indicative of racial strife at all. As a matter of fact, I made no reference at all about the existence of the two pride celebrations at all. I'm not sure where you came up with that assumption based on what I specified.

I said concisely that there is clearly a presence in Atlanta amongst the LGBTQ fold there is a lot of racial segregation on a social level and the existence of animus towards black LGBTQs being in predominately gay/bisexual friendly spaces to the point many blacks feel excluded or unwelcomed. The poster saying 'no urban gear' that was put up at the door of Joe's on Juniper in the summer of 2015 is proof there is still that problem here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
The only delusions to be found here are your distorted views, along with your disgusting espousal of self-segregating. Yeah, that crap just solves everything. Race relations between blacks and whites in Atlanta are among the best in the Country, no thanks to people like you that paint everything with a very broad, delusional and hate-filled brush.

You're the one one that comes off as self-righteous and privileged. Your posting history practically screams it.

I feel sorry for every single person you come across in daily life that isn't exactly like you. I can only imagine how unpleasant you must be to deal with.
Uh yeah, you have no right to dictate others how handle harsh reality of racial issues when the obvious says otherwise in this city and nation as a whole.

I feel sorry for every single person you encounter on a daily that isn't like you as it seem there is clear presence of dismissive of opposing opinions...

Old 12-29-2016, 03:35 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Uh yeah, you have no right to dictate others how handle harsh reality of racial issues when the obvious says otherwise in this city and nation as a whole.

I feel sorry for every single person you encounter on a daily that isn't like you as it seem there is clear presence of dismissive of opposing opinions...
Cry me a damn river.

You're the one with major societal issues here.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:37 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
That lady doesnt look gay at all. Only one of the black women do. Sorry for the typo
Well, that's the point. What does it mean to say somebody does or does not "look gay"?

Gay folks don't look different from anybody else. And they aren't different from anybody else.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:04 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,429,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The fact that you could only manage to pull up a few obscure references proves my point: this type of thing is very rare for Black pastors and politicians. And in the third link, the effort was spearheaded by a non-Black organization trying to get Black pastors on board.

For every rare instance of a Black pastor attempting to push an anti-LGBT agenda politically, 10-20 examples can be cited for White evangelical pastors.

The fact of the matter is that the type of political activism that is most common for Black pastors to engage in includes things like voting rights, fighting crime, job training, housing, etc.--the things that affect their parishioners and community members the most. Railing against LGBT rights is waaaaaaayyyy down on the list.
BINGO!these are the subjects I hear the most

Old 12-29-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I've never said the existence of both pride celebrations is indicative of racial strife at all. As a matter of fact, I made no reference at all about the existence of the two pride celebrations at all. I'm not sure where you came up with that assumption based on what I specified.

I said concisely that there is clearly a presence in Atlanta amongst the LGBTQ fold there is a lot of racial segregation on a social level and the existence of animus towards black LGBTQs being in predominately gay/bisexual friendly spaces to the point many blacks feel excluded or unwelcomed. The poster saying 'no urban gear' that was put up at the door of Joe's on Juniper in the summer of 2015 is proof there is still that problem here.
Excuse me for incorrectly understanding your intent.However as you now put it,u are still wrong.
and Ive been to Joes and never felt any kind of way.Never had a problem.

There are signs at some upscale black clubs with the same signs.Now I dont know their intent but are there any lawsuits that you know of where blacks have been treated differently at Joes or other predominate white gay places?
Would that not be a better and more accurate way to tell if a racism problem exist rather than a sign addressing ones attire?

Old 12-29-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Neither one of you have a right to how anyone feels about the way regarding any ISSUES but you have given no concrete evidence to support your claim that Atlanta is worse off.
For every incident you say is evidenced by you,I and others have no evidence that makes this behavior unique to Atlanta.
So you have to accept that maybe what you see is not what others see,

Old 12-29-2016, 06:32 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Of course you did, by proxy.

Atlwarrior stated this is post #15:

"I do see homogeneity among certain communities and events. For instances there are two gay pride events: one that cater toward blacks and the other event for whites."

You immediately agreed, and stated this in post #16:

"Exactly! As a black bi male that is not originally from here. I call from residing elsewhere and having less problems interacting with LGBTQ individuals of various backgrounds, but this place is very racially segregated compared to elsewhere."

You obviously haven't lived in or even visited very many other large Metro areas if you honestly believe this ridiculous claim.

Quote:
I said concisely that there is clearly a presence in Atlanta amongst the LGBTQ fold there is a lot of racial segregation on a social level and the existence of animus towards black LGBTQs being in predominately gay/bisexual friendly spaces to the point many blacks feel excluded or unwelcomed.
Thankfully you don't speak for anyone else in the community, as many have disagreed with you on these points. Again, your ill-informed anti-Atlanta agenda is showing.

Quote:
The poster saying 'no urban gear' that was put up at the door of Joe's on Juniper in the summer of 2015 is proof there is still that problem here.
Get your facts straight. It was Blake's, on 10th Street - not Joe's. And feel free to sue them if you have this delusional need to prove something that doesn't exist.

You would probably be much happier elsewhere.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Of course you did, by proxy.

Atlwarrior stated this is post #15:

"I do see homogeneity among certain communities and events. For instances there are two gay pride events: one that cater toward blacks and the other event for whites."

You immediately agreed, and stated this in post #16:

"Exactly! As a black bi male that is not originally from here. I call from residing elsewhere and having less problems interacting with LGBTQ individuals of various backgrounds, but this place is very racially segregated compared to elsewhere."

You obviously haven't lived in or even visited very many other large Metro areas if you honestly believe this ridiculous claim.

Thankfully you don't speak for anyone else in the community, as many have disagreed with you on these points. Again, your ill-informed anti-Atlanta agenda is showing.

Get your facts straight. It was Blake's, on 10th Street - not Joe's. And feel free to sue them if you have this delusional need to prove something that doesn't exist.

You would probably be much happier elsewhere.
*Yawn*. You are funny because I will be happier when individuals like you are honest...

Old 12-31-2016, 09:42 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
You paid full attention. Im what the people call "woke"
Homophobia is not a part of being woke.

You know, 0nyxStation, there are plenty of gay people here on C-D who often politely interact with you, even though every few months you decide to go on a spree of thinly-veiled homophobic posts. Consider the new year a time to reflect on whether harboring ill-will toward an entire random segment of the population is a good use of your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta