Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:58 AM

29 posts, read 34,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Strip clubs are everywhere miss. Dudes here don't have the market cornered on that at all. It just gets amplified here because when it comes to Black culture, everything in Atlanta is always boosted to the max. Whether it's warranted or not. Dudes going to strip clubs is unique to the A? Nah, no where near it. Just fell thru Charlotte last week and my homie from Philly who lives there now took me to Uptown Cabaret. Was in Chicago a month before that and my FEMALE cousins took me to King of Diamonds down on 147th & Halsted on the southside. Last time I was in The DMV I met some friends up there at Stadium in DC. Pretty sure this summer when me and pops go to Vegas for our bdays we will be wasted AF up in Crazy Horse or Spearmint Rhino. It's 2016. Men go to strip clubs everywhere. Dont know what to tell you sister, it's 2016, this stuff is in every city, not just here in the A. And don't be surprised to go into a spot like Onyx or Strokers and see just as many women in there as you do men
Very true. My female friends stay hitting the strip club...however, they're typically invited by men that actually give them money to give to the girls lol.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:22 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
I dont even consider Clermont lounge a true strip club. Its more of a bar with naked women lol imo

Yeah Cleremont is more of like an oddity if anything. It's like yo let's go get smashed and laugh at the 50 y/o bad bodied strippers. On the other hand they do play some dope old school music and I'm pretty sure some folks probably go there just to dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chardae08 View Post
Very true. My female friends stay hitting the strip club...however, they're typically invited by men that actually give them money to give to the girls lol.
I know a lot of females who go to look for dudes with money too. It's easy for a weekend warrior to hit up whatever club is hot at the moment, go in with 4 other dudes on a section, and act like a baller. But it's a lot harder to fake the funk on week day night in the strip club. Don't even have to see someone throwing money around. You can just look at how a person moves, how the dancers and staff act around them. At the end of the day a lot of the strip club stuff is networking and showing off anyway. The naked women is secondary. I think people who aren't familiar with it look at like some perv type stuff going on. Yeah that goes on but most of it is just guys kicking back hanging out with each other- shooting pool, talking ****, watching the game, smoking or whatever. Deals also get made too. Lot of white collar meet ups and networking at spots like Magic and Cheetah. Same with the ratchet hole in the wall spots. D Boys in there networking and making deals too

Old 12-28-2016, 08:31 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
In my experience the only type of men who really go to strip clubs on the regular, are your dusty greasebone types with low self-esteem & high-thirst.

Typically they are looking to show-out & put on a pretense of being a "baller".

On-point men beyond their college & formative adult years...will rarely even deal with such low-brow activities.

Strip clubs are a boring waste of time.

Even clubbing & hitting the bars becomes a bothersome chore depending on the region & location in the U.S.A.

On-point men will simply find a woman to kick it with and then move on when their fancy suits them.

Minimum energy & effort for maximum gain is the mantra these days.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
In my experience the only type of men who really go to strip clubs on the regular, are your dusty greasebone types with low self-esteem & high-thirst.

Typically they are looking to show-out & put on a pretense of being a "baller".

On-point men beyond their college & formative adult years...will rarely even deal with such low-brow activities.

Strip clubs are a boring waste of time.

Even clubbing & hitting the bars becomes a bothersome chore depending on the region & location in the U.S.A.

On-point men will simply find a woman to kick it with and then move on when their fancy suits them.

Minimum energy & effort for maximum gain is the mantra these days.
That's your opinion and you entitled to that but I wholeheartedly disagree with that one. First off no one is going to a strip club to look for women. That's about as dumb and simpish as it gets. I don't even go like that anymore but when I do go these days it's usually with some women. Either I'm on a date and we end up there after dinner or one of my homegirls is in town for a few days and they will no doubt want to make a stop at one. And these aren't low budget women. I don't deal with scrubs. I used to be against going with a female I was dealing with but my ex and her friends actually changed my opinion on that. And these wasn't no ratchets either. They were all good looking, all had grad degrees and good jobs and going to a strip club and hanging out every couple of months wasn't foreign to them. Lot of females are like that these days. And don't act like nothing but degenerates hang out at strip clubs. I know a pretty diverse cross section of people. I got friends who are lawyers and I got friends who run in the streets and my hood friends aren't the ones hitting me up in the middle afternoon to meet them at a strip club.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:07 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
It seems like Atlanta could be a really good place for you to relocate to.

The television and film production industry has exploded in the state of Georgia in recent years reportedly making the state the third-largest center of television and film production on the entire planet behind just international TV/Film production leaders California and New York.

Many numerous television and film projects, large and small, are produced in the Atlanta area and the state of Georgia and there are a growing number of TV/Film production studios to reflect the area's rising status as one of the world's leading centers of TV and Film production.

Dating and finding love is obviously a more complicated matter. Though I will say that a young lady like yourself might be able to improve your chances of finding love (and making valuable social connections) if you don't just concentrate on the nightclub/singles club/nightlife circuit and make an effort to meet more people by casting a wider net through more nuanced social and community engagement....More nuanced social and community engagement like being active in the community with social, professional, community and volunteering organizations.

Like other posters have recommended on past occasions on these types of relocation threads, a good place to start looking to make those types of valuable social and community connections is in the Atlanta section of Meetup.com where you can find meet-up and social/networking groups for many different genres from club/bar-hopping to seemingly more mundane social events, community outings and even politics.

I also recommend that you start making those valuable social connections where you currently live in Massachusetts before you move to Georgia.

Another really good way to meet people and make valuable social/community networking connections is through the local alumni chapter of the college/university that you attended, graduated from and/or the local fan club of the college/university that you might follow or favor. You can make contact and become active with that organization both where you currently live in Massachusetts and after you relocate south to the Atlanta area.

Becoming active with the local alumni chapter/fan club of your favorite colleges/universities is an excellent way to meet people who have knowledge of the community in ways that you might not.

I wish you the best for you future endeavors wherever you may decide to pursue them.
Wise advice, as always, B2R!

Old 12-28-2016, 09:09 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
That's your opinion and you entitled to that but I wholeheartedly disagree with that one. First off no one is going to a strip club to look for women. That's about as dumb and simpish as it gets. I don't even go like that anymore but when I do go these days it's usually with some women. Either I'm on a date and we end up there after dinner or one of my homegirls is in town for a few days and they will no doubt want to make a stop at one. And these aren't low budget women. I don't deal with scrubs. I used to be against going with a female I was dealing with but my ex and her friends actually changed my opinion on that. And these wasn't no ratchets either. They were all good looking, all had grad degrees and good jobs and going to a strip club and hanging out every couple of months wasn't foreign to them. Lot of females are like that these days. And don't act like nothing but degenerates hang out at strip clubs. I know a pretty diverse cross section of people. I got friends who are lawyers and I got friends who run in the streets and my hood friends aren't the ones hitting me up in the middle afternoon to meet them at a strip club.
Just curious, but why do women go to strip clubs with their dates? That seems, well, sort of odd to me.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:12 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
Quote:
No one said that men are going to strip clubs to look for woman. Where did you read that in my commentary?

And why are you being so defensive? I am actually trying to dismiss the innuendo that most men go to strip clubs as a regular habit.

If you are a hardworking brotha in the ATL like myself you would easily wholeheartedly agree with what I say.

I am a strong advocate of on-point bothas who constantly find ourselves under attacked by this gynocentric country and under constant assault by a hateful corporate media that is totally against black men.

That's my stance. 100%. No simp-King stuff here.

Nothing but red-pill knowledge here.

So I don't see what you are interpreting if you are a black man like myself, unless you see something vastly different.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Just curious, but why do women go to strip clubs with their dates? That seems, well, sort of odd to me.
A woman could probably better answer that. The times I've done that the female initiated it. I think some women do it because the genuinely enjoy going. Either they appreciate and like looking at naked women or they really just want to test a dude. See how much money he has or is willing to waste, how he conducts himself in that environment etc. IMO it's usually one of the 2. And I'm sure it seems odd, my mom asked me the same thing and I see where she is coming from. I think it may be a generational thing. I think women in my generation are a little more prone to having one of those "I had some fun with my line sister in college one night" type episodes in their past so it's they are more comfortable being around naked women. Either way I'm not complaining

Old 12-28-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
No one said that men are going to strip clubs to look for woman. Where did you read that in my commentary?

And why are you being so defensive? I am actually trying to dismiss the innuendo that most men go to strip clubs as a regular habit.

If you are a hardworking brotha in the ATL like myself you would easily wholeheartedly agree with what I say.

I am a strong advocate of on-point bothas who constantly find ourselves under attacked by this gynocentric country and under constant assault by a hateful corporate media that is totally against black men.

That's my stance. 100%. No simp-King stuff here.

Nothing but red-pill knowledge here.

So I don't see what you are interpreting if you are a black man like myself, unless you see something vastly different.
You was kinda throwing shade bro. You dropped terms like "high thirst" and "on point" in terms of the people who don't go to strip clubs. And I responded with the people I know are very much on point and they frequent strip clubs all over the country. Defensive? Nah. Just wasn't agreeing with you on that one and I laid my case out. Don't use that as your go to response when someone responds in turn to something you said. A normal night in the city would be hitting up a few spots and a strip club very well may be one of them. And that's not unique to the A either. When I go to other cities it's the same demo. We clearly run in 2 different circles bro

Old 12-28-2016, 10:06 AM

29 posts, read 34,136 times
Quote:
A woman could probably better answer that. The times I've done that the female initiated it. I think some women do it because the genuinely enjoy going. Either they appreciate and like looking at naked women or they really just want to test a dude. See how much money he has or is willing to waste, how he conducts himself in that environment etc. IMO it's usually one of the 2. And I'm sure it seems odd, my mom asked me the same thing and I see where she is coming from. I think it may be a generational thing. I think women in my generation are a little more prone to having one of those "I had some fun with my line sister in college one night" type episodes in their past so it's they are more comfortable being around naked women. Either way I'm not complaining
As a woman, I don't find strip clubs appealing unless I'm going to a venue where the men are stripping and not women lol. I wouldn't jump at the idea of going to a strip club after a date. That's just not my cup of tea. But to each is own. Two close female friends of mine frequent strip clubs, but both are more likely to have a "episode" than I am. There are also a lot of women that go to strip clubs to prove to guys that they're cool and accepting of that lifestyle. I don't knock anyone that goes. I've been a couple of times....I just would prefer to see men take off their clothes instead of women lol. Plus, im more interested in a guy's investment strategy, goals, debt to income ratio, savings, etc as opposed to how much money he's willing to waste at a strip club lol. A man spending $500 or more at a strip club on a regular basis doesn't excite me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta