Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 03:00 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,847,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
And when i mean racist its blacks racist against other blacks.You will NOT find it anywhere else like the city of atlanta and its still segerated.Other blacks from other cities beware when moving here,their is alot of racism and its mostly from other blacks and the racist blacks are the ones from atlanta themselves.
https://youtu.be/sPDsukHoetk

https://youtu.be/kDoe2HJpaIQ

https://youtu.be/VM0P00Uf27o

Regardless of class, it looks like the only hater around here is you... You have been making broad, sweeping, generalizations for this entire thread. And the biggest hole in your argument is that you keep erroneously calling classism racism. I suppose to incite some sort of drama. Don't judge over half the population of an entire city based on your few little experiences... a city that happens to be the birthplace of the Civil Rights Movement and home to the highest concentration of black colleges/universities, with black people of every imaginable income level. You really need to do your homework before you judge. How long have you lived here again?

Last edited by equinox63; 01-05-2017 at 03:35 AM..

Old 01-05-2017, 06:22 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
From Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3: racial prejudice or discrimination

So, I believe the answer is "no," "racism" does not really exist within a race, except, I suppose, on a very, very limited occasion.
On your last assumption of "no" then how would you explain the fact that many black people feel that whites are superior to blacks?

I stated earlier that I also consider the traditional definition of "racism" in my view on this. Based on the bold, many black people are racist against their own race because they feel white people are "better" or more superior than black people. This is something that has always been a huge part of what is American culture and history - the idea that whites are superior to other races. Not sure why you cannot concede that black people and even other minorities can and do have these sames views of white supremacy.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta