Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 02:59 PM

4,221 posts, read 4,743,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Krog St Market

Btw check out 87.7, 97.9 and 102.9. Best radio stations ever. They werent here when you lived here b4
I rarely listen to the radio ever. Especially since I haven't owned a car in like 5 years.

The last few years I was there I leaned toward NPR most of the time honestly.

But I think last time I was there a few months ago I listened to 97.9 a bit in my rental. But thanks; I'll check them out once I start driving again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 03:04 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Check out the outdoor portion of Ladybird on the Beltline when its warm. Its on the Beltline about a 3 min walk from Krog St Market

I also recommend asking people when you go to these places about additional places and they should be able to give you more options

Old 01-08-2017, 03:15 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times

Old 01-08-2017, 03:39 PM

246 posts, read 316,139 times
I guess it depends on the type of job you have. If you are trying to do really detailed work, such as financial analysis, then your home (granted it is quiet) or a library, is likely the best place. Coffee shops would probably not be the best choice here, since guess what....everyone else "working from home" is going to be in there as well.

If you have a mobile hot-spot, less-busy parks are a good option as well. Look for smaller parks in your area, not the more popular ones like Piedmont or Grant. Even fast food restaurants and a few cafes have decent outdoor seating that isn't all that busy during the day. We can't give you specifics unless we know where you are located.

If you are on a lot of conference calls, though, you'll especially need to consider the amount of background noise that is occurring as you speak. I've been on calls with dogs barking, screaming kids, and highway noise (complete with extra loud horn blowing). If that happens regularly, it doesn't leave the best impression, frankly.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:57 PM

4,221 posts, read 4,743,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matilda79 View Post
I guess it depends on the type of job you have. If you are trying to do really detailed work, such as financial analysis, then your home (granted it is quiet) or a library, is likely the best place. Coffee shops would probably not be the best choice here, since guess what....everyone else "working from home" is going to be in there as well.

If you have a mobile hot-spot, less-busy parks are a good option as well. Look for smaller parks in your area, not the more popular ones like Piedmont or Grant. Even fast food restaurants and a few cafes have decent outdoor seating that isn't all that busy during the day. We can't give you specifics unless we know where you are located.

If you are on a lot of conference calls, though, you'll especially need to consider the amount of background noise that is occurring as you speak. I've been on calls with dogs barking, screaming kids, and highway noise (complete with extra loud horn blowing). If that happens regularly, it doesn't leave the best impression, frankly.
For now I'll be staying near 85 at Lindbergh.

I do have to hold conference calls so I won't be able to leave the house on those days/evenings. It definitely won't be a daily thing but more of an occasional thing.

I do actually have a mobile hot-spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: