Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 08:41 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
I highly doubt he will last that long.
We shall see...

Quote:
History teaches that leaders with divided interests cannot faithfully serve those who elected them, a lesson the Framers deemed so important that they hardwired safeguards reflecting its truths into our basic charter. Mr. Trump does not stand above the laws of history and human nature, or the requirements of the Constitution. He must not be permitted to violate the Emoluments Clause.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:46 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Man am I ever glad I moved out of the city while I still had a chance....

Old 01-15-2017, 10:17 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times

Only 5 more days until the hammer comes down! Better stock up on tissues!

Old 01-15-2017, 10:38 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Lewis doesn't have to like or respect him or go to his inauguration. Its the "illegitimate" part that makes him a "legitimate" target for criticism. And makes him pretty delusional too.
I believe this can go abstract that he could be using "illegitimate" as in he not qualify to be president not that he isn't going to be president.... Trump will go extra out his way to criticize a cat if it look at him wrong because he's a man child. Accepting no criticism and not taking in accounts for mistakes is one of biggest issues I have with Trump. Further more beside how ignorant and generalizing the statement was, criticizing Atlanta isn't criticism Lewis.

But you miss my point if haven't notice a lot of the time I jump in these political threads now is after "MikeHonchoATL" post something silly... He always frame the situation of being against Trump "So much childish butthurt" As if because he got elected Americans got to like him because he was elected. Or he is even general a figure most Americas approve of.

Obama approval ratings entering office was in the 60's. Trump approval ratings are in a unusual below the 50's in the 30's.. He won the Election though circumstance of the Electoral collage with out winning the popular vote or having favorable ratings, against another controversial figure. Now he has the task of gaining respect from the Majority of Americans. Even if Hilary won she would of had that task too. But Trump supporters are acting liked he's a liked figure.

A minority of Trump supporters love when he say stuff like this and his behavior, but most Americans don't, even many Trump voters don't. So when Trump say stupid stuff like this doesn't help his approval ratings with the American public.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post

Yes because Trump is like figure by Americans in general........... he like totally doesn't have to prove anything to most Americans

New poll has Trump approval rating at 37%, Obama at 55%

Approval of Trump Transition Still Low as Inauguration Nears | Gallup

Old 01-15-2017, 10:43 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
If PE Trump can hit back hard at the ATL on Twitter, why can't Mayor Reed and other prominent Atlantans hit back hard on Twitter? Average citizens, too, for that matter. The last time I checked Twitter is a two-way social media street.

Our town is in better shape than it's been in in decades, and it is not a horrible crime infested that's falling apart.

We do have to fix the potholes.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Yes because Trump is like figure by Americans in general........... he like totally doesn't have to prove anything to most Americans

New poll has Trump approval rating at 37%, Obama at 55%

Approval of Trump Transition Still Low as Inauguration Nears | Gallup
Not a popularity contest. It's time for a good helping of "tough love". I'm just happy that we will finally have someone with a spine in office! and the used car salesman will be packing his bags so he can continue spouting his BS on golf courses around the globe...

Old 01-15-2017, 11:04 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,060 times
Quote:

This is why Trump won. People far too stupid to understand policy or how they are voting against their own interests, just excited to post internet memes and laugh about "liberal tears".

This is why I can do nothing but laugh as I read article after article about rural hillbillies suddenly realizing the man they voted for is about to take away their healthcare. Some of them will literally die once the ACA is fully repealed. States like WV and KY where he got around 70% of the vote had the largest drop in uninsured in the country. I absolutely love the irony. The reality is that most of us "elitist liberals" have higher incomes and private insurance, and tend to be healthier as well. The GOP policies won't hurt us at all. We fight for democrats to try and protect overweight Medicaid recipients in rural Alabama from voting against their own interests. We failed. Oh well, we won't be the ones dying off.

Just like 2008, 2020 will be a massive Democratic wave in response to America's least popular president in history, as well as the Republican party taking away healthcare and instituting a regression tax policy that favors only the top 0.01%. Just in time for the new census redistricting.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:43 AM

Sure forhall, sure. Just like trump will only be a summer fling, out by Labor Day, yada yada... get ready for an eight year ride. Democrats have lost over 1000 seats in the last eight years and you guys are still playing the same game, will you ever learn?

Old 01-15-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Not a popularity contest. It's time for a good helping of "tough love". I'm just happy that we will finally have someone with a spine in office! and the used car salesman will be packing his bags so he can continue spouting his BS on golf courses around the globe...
Umm yes it is... He's a American president not a 3rd world dictator, his job is to serve the American people, most Americans don't actually approve of him.

And this is the error Trump supporters have, they think most Americans approve of Trump behavior, or cabinet when most Americans don't. this not even a left or right issue most Americans don't he's approval rating are on the 30's.

Again He won though circumstance of the electrical collage, lost the popular vote, has the lowest rating ever recorded entering, and against another controversial figure. Some conservative voters voted for Trump because they didn't like Hilary that doesn't mean they like or approve of Trump. If Hilary won she would face the same problem. That she has to earn America Trust because she's a controversial figure.

A lot of Trump supporters think this is cute, like Most Americans are approving his behavior. No his approval rating are in the toilet bowl to most Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta