Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 09:18 PM

6 posts, read 8,807 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if anyone lives right in that area or drove by that area between 6:30pm to 8:00pm on 1/17/2017 and saw police blocked off a very large section of that road. We had to turn left at that subdivision Hampton Estates and then turn right through the entrance to parkview forest and then we turned right on mandalay drive to go back to five forks and turn left where on my right there was police blocking Five Forks/Oleander drive going south. Does anyone know what happened there because I searched Gwinnett Daily, WSB-TV, CBS46, FOX5, 11alive, and AJC websites and found no stories about what happened in that area.

This is our route and all of the cars from the main route were going that route too.

https://goo.gl/maps/PJNDNvgBgvG2

Please let me know if anything happened as far as crime goes or just an accident because if it is an accident, I never seen them block a large section of the road like that and usually they just put the accident to the side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 10:20 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,770,863 times
Gwinnett Road Closures

It is listed in the papers and on the Gwinnett County website.

There are still some intermittent road closures from routing of utilities and storm drainage from the road work between Lake Lucerne and the first station to add that turn lane for that neighborhood.

For it to be that late, my guess is they ran into a problem or a problem developed from a weakness in recently done work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: