Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,837 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving there very shortly. Where are the Good areas & Bad areas ?? What is the Train & Bus System like ?? What are the people like ?? I await. Thanks. PEACE:RONB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 11:13 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,567 times
Here is a lot of good general info in recent discussions

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...beautiful.html

Some good info on commuting

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...n-atlanta.html

Old 01-29-2017, 05:43 PM

11 posts, read 12,692 times
Welcome to Atlanta! Anything "Downtown" are good areas. Things start to get sketchy outside of that area, like in every large city. The train and bus system are okay. Not great, but not bad either in my opinion. The people are nice also.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:02 PM

37 posts, read 35,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Buckley View Post
I'm going to be moving there very shortly. Where are the Good areas & Bad areas ?? What is the Train & Bus System like ?? What are the people like ?? I await. Thanks. PEACE:RONB
Its different then most cities,their is lack of interracial relationships/friendship. The women are stuck up and don't like friendly conversations. The people are also fake and hollywood want to be.Plus the blacks are racist against other blacks.And the night life is awful!!!!

The only people who will speak good on atl are the ones born here,raised here and NEVER lived anywhere else.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:07 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranderson12 View Post
Its different then most cities,their is lack of interracial relationships/friendship. The women are stuck up and don't like friendly conversations. The people are also fake and hollywood want to be.Plus the blacks are racist against other blacks.And the night life is awful!!!!

The only people who will speak good on atl are the ones born here,raised here and NEVER lived anywhere else.
lol

Old 01-29-2017, 07:16 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,770,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Buckley View Post
Perhaps you should re-target your post by telling us what you're looking for in a city, where you are working, what kind of lifestyle you're looking for, etc...

The answers will change based upon who you talk to and what it is you personally want out of a city.

I will, sadly, disagree with Red, White & Blue. Downtown is a major tourist area, center of business, but much our residential development has avoided the area, compared to neighborhoods around it and Midtown.

Atlanta and Atlanta's wealth have mostly grown northward. South Downtown and South Atlanta has struggled, but there are some bright spots. But, northern metro Atlanta has taken a bulk of the growth too with all the pros and cons that come with that.

The suburban areas are the same way. There are good, bad, and everything in between.

The MARTA train is really effective if you happen to live near it and work near it, but most live far from it and many work in suburban business districts too, so it really depends on the rest of your lifestyle if it is worth looking into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: