Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 04:16 PM

4 posts, read 4,241 times

Advertisements

1. Budget: $400 - $500K

2. House - single family, allows dogs, no golf, park or swimming a plus but not necessary

3. Employment Status: husband working in Alpharetta/ I teach which transfers easily

4. Children: high schooler interested in biotechnology classes (Lambert had all 4 divisions of engineering/computer of interest to her)

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle : mostly suburban but love festivals, things to do, nearby restaurants/retail.

7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: family neighborhoods

We are flying to the area to check it out as my husband has a job possibility. We'd like to have walking trails within walking distance (in/attached to neighborhood?), and city amenities within a short drive. We like Suwanee for the town center and because of Lambert High, which has programs of interest. I'm worried that I hear another high school will be built that will change school lines, but most importantly would like to hear neighborhood suggestions so I can drive around while my husband is in the official interview. Thanks for your replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 04:31 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
School Redistricting. Yes a new HS is being built (Denmark High School Open 8/18) , The Line for it will effect the 2018-19 SY

http://www.forsyth.k12.ga.us/cms/lib...Y2017ArchD.pdf

If you want to be sure to be in Lambert, Look for a house in the far South East area of the current Feeder zone. When the Redistrict is done it will put "Northern Lambert Student into South HS" (Probably)

Construction / Construction

Old 01-27-2017, 04:34 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,102,565 times
Also keep in mind that Lambert High is not actually in Suwanee, but is located in unincorporated Forsyth County, outside the city limits. The actual city of Suwanee lies entirely within Gwinnett County. This can get confusing when looking for houses within a particular school cluster.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:43 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Also keep in mind that Lambert High is not actually in Suwanee, but is located in unincorporated Forsyth County, outside the city limits. The actual city of Suwanee lies entirely within Gwinnett County. This can get confusing when looking for houses within a particular school cluster.
For this and numerous other reasons, I suggest you contact a realtor who knows the area. Many of our neighborhoods here in South Forsyth are gated and will not let you in to drive around. A realtor, however, knows the ropes and can get in (generally).

Old 01-27-2017, 05:55 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurD View Post
1. Budget: $400 - $500K

2. House - single family, allows dogs, no golf, park or swimming a plus but not necessary

3. Employment Status: husband working in Alpharetta/ I teach which transfers easily

4. Children: high schooler interested in biotechnology classes (Lambert had all 4 divisions of engineering/computer of interest to her)

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle : mostly suburban but love festivals, things to do, nearby restaurants/retail.

7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: family neighborhoods

We are flying to the area to check it out as my husband has a job possibility. We'd like to have walking trails within walking distance (in/attached to neighborhood?), and city amenities within a short drive. We like Suwanee for the town center and because of Lambert High, which has programs of interest. I'm worried that I hear another high school will be built that will change school lines, but most importantly would like to hear neighborhood suggestions so I can drive around while my husband is in the official interview. Thanks for your replies!
If you are looking for a home between $400k-500k in a neighborhood with walking trails within the attendance zone for Lambert High School, take a look at the Three Chimneys Farm swim-tennis community which is only about a mile or so from Lambert High School off of Windermere Parkway.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:02 PM

4 posts, read 4,241 times
Thank you. I will.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:00 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurD View Post
Thank you. I will.
If you are dead set on being @ Lambert Three Chimneys Farm is very likely to be redistricted to South in the Fall of 2018,

Just from where it is physically located and the need to repopulate South with Students after Denmark HS open, And to relive the over population @ Lambert.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:37 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
If you are dead set on being @ Lambert Three Chimneys Farm is very likely to be redistricted to South in the Fall of 2018,

Just from where it is physically located and the need to repopulate South with Students after Denmark HS open, And to relive the over population @ Lambert.
flyonpa makes an excellent point.

Because of continued explosive population growth, redistricting has actually not been an uncommon occurrence within many metro Atlanta school systems, including Forsyth County where just about over a decade ago there were only three high schools (Forsyth Central HS, North Forsyth HS and the aforementioned South Forsyth HS) in the county. With the forthcoming opening of Denmark High School in 2018, the number of high schools in Forsyth County will have doubled to six in about a 12-year span.

I'm also sure that there are others who can remember back to the 1980's when Forsyth County had only one high school (Forsyth County High School, now Forsyth Central High School).

But in any case, if the OP wants to increase the chances of her family's household not being shifted into the South Forsyth High School cluster, she might need to forgo her desire to be in a community with walking trails like Three Chimneys Farm and look at housing options farther south within the Lambert cluster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta