Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 08:28 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times

Advertisements

There is a hungry child somewhere in west Atlanta. Im sure the "educated progressive" types care. Where can I sign up for the starving black children protest in West Atlanta?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:34 AM

376 posts, read 330,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
There is a hungry child somewhere in west Atlanta. Im sure the "educated progressive" types care. Where can I sign up for the starving black children protest in West Atlanta?
There are hungry children in west Atlanta so therefore lets stop a Dr. from Iran coming to the US to do research into diabetes.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:21 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
The problem is not a lack of Empathy on the Right, the problem is actually too much empathy on the Left. You're so overrun with empathy that you fail to see reality!

I have empathy, but I'm also realistic. We cannot possibly help every human on Earth. There are people all over the globe right now living in squalor. Should we take them all in? What number of them is enough? What's wrong with a temporary ban to make sure our vetting process is as good as it possibly can be? The primary role of our government is the security of our nation and its citizens, not taking in every refugee on Earth!
I ask you then, by that logic, what's wrong with a temporary ban on guns until we figure out the best way to do background checks and due diligence so that so many people aren't killed annually in America? What's wrong with leaving the ACA until they find a replacement that works? Republican politicians care more about the gun lobby and saving on taxes than they do about human beings. Using the "I just want what's best for Americans safety" argument for the Muslim ban falls flat from the same people who will willingly take healthcare from millions, refuse to act on gun violence, and fight tooth and nail to take back entitlements and safety nets from the least fortunate.

Also, what's wrong a temporary, unthought ban? The fact that there are ramifications and having a shoot from the hip idiot president who acts so impulsively is scary. Even if you agree with the ban, no thought was put into it at all. Case in point:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7554521.html

The White House has said a five-year-old boy was detained for more than four hours and reportedly handcuffed at an airport because he posed a “security risk”.

The boy, reportedly a US citizen with an Iranian mother, was one of more than 100 people detained following President Donald Trump’s immigration order.

In a press briefing, Mr Trump’s press secretary Sean Spicer was unrepentant about the incident.

When will some of you wake up and admit your mistake? I can respect some Republican positions, but you've hitched your wagons to a psychopath narcissist who has no idea what he is doing.

Last edited by Forhall; 01-31-2017 at 09:37 AM..

Old 01-31-2017, 09:43 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Lack of empathy. So common in Americans. I'd love to see the look on some of your face if you were trapped in an unsafe, war torn country just trying to get away from the violence and poverty and seeing people on the other side who believe that because you were born elsewhere, you are inferior. Imagine if America collapsed and you were seeking refuge in England, only to read that the English see you as a worthless subhuman immigrant and have barred your entry. These "foreigners" are still human. Stop with the tribe mentality and the belief that you own America and somehow have to defend her from anyone not born here. Try praciting a tiny bit of empathy and concern for other human beings instead of broadcasting selfish behavior.

It's amazing to me that people actually see Republicans and democrats the same when it's so easy to see the motivation behind actions. Nearly every Republican action or policy is related to selfishness and lack of empathy. Don't allow refugees, don't give people healthcare, don't allow gun background checks, allow unlimited discrimination, etc. The argument for nearly every GOP policy comes down to money and religious control - what saves the most money for the wealthy and what keeps easily manipulated Christians on their side. Show me any policy proposal that doesn't come down to those things. Meanwhile Democratic policies are typically about helping the less fortunate - allow in refugees, spend more money on the poor, ensure universal healthcare and education for all, end discrimination. Yes, democrats are more willing to spend money, but that's because we are okay having less ourselves to help others. Republicans are all about themselves - "don't spend MY money on other people" "don't let in those disgusting immigrants what if they hurt ME!?" It's all me, me, me. If that's how you want to behave, fine you are entitled to do so, but don't act like both parties are the same or try to use false equivalency to jusify your selfishness.
War torn thanks to Obama... it's important to realize what made them such a mess to begij with.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:52 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post

When will some of you wake up and admit your mistake? I can respect some Republican positions, but you've hitched your wagons to a psychopath narcissist who has no idea what he is doing.
Lots of deflection and spin in your post. No reason to go back and forth with tit for tat. We can simply agree to disagree.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:55 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Lots of deflection in your post. We can simply agree to disagree.
I actually think trump is a complete success so far, i really thought he would back down from his promises like all the presidents before him. Now I dont agree with banning people already with visas or green cards, but i can see temporaily banning new immigration from terror zones. However, the bigger picture is jobs, energy independence, banning lobbying, building a wall, improving our infastructure etc.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Lots of deflection and spin in your post. No reason to go back and forth with tit for tat. We can simply agree to disagree.
You can call it deflection. I call it standing up for whats right.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:05 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelinMan View Post
You can call it deflection. I call it standing up for whats right.
Fair enough and that's what makes this such a great country. We'll all have a chance to voice our opinion come the next election.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:06 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Well, this is your opportunity to start a non-profit on the Westside to help at-risk youths. Don't complain about lack of solutions rather be a part of it and get your feet on the ground and help out. I live on the Westside and give my time to community outreach on a regular to the black neighborhoods (because I want to see my people prosper), so don't just type that out when you are not putting in the work to improve things for us...

Old 01-31-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Fair enough and that's what makes this such a great country. We'll all have a chance to voice our opinion come the next election.
I think people have to stand up every day not just once every 4 years. Otherwise this country will be in ruins by the next election (if there is one)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta