Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 02:43 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Hillary got to where she got to because of the media pushing her and virtually ignoring Sanders.
False. Sanders was very well covered by the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 02:49 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Not in comparison to trump and hillary. Supporters of bernie had to force him into te spotlight through social media. Bernie was built up by gis supporters and made relevant by them. He also did not have old money supporting him as did hillary.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:55 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Hillary got to where she got to because of the media pushing her and virtually ignoring Sanders. The the Dnc also were backing her fully. There was a lot of bias.
Hillary is a lifelong Democrat that has supported the party and its candidates in various ways over several decades; Sanders only registered as a Democrat to run for president and left the party after the race. So yeah, of course there was bias.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:56 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Not in comparison to trump and hillary. Supporters of bernie had to force him into te spotlight through social media. Bernie was built up by gis supporters and made relevant by them. He also did not have old money supporting him as did hillary.
He was on the Sunday morning shows every week for months on end. NPR was all over him. The networks and newspapers covered him pretty heavily.

I don't know where you get your news, but I saw him all over the media.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
He was on the Sunday morning shows every week for months on end. NPR was all over him. The networks and newspapers covered him pretty heavily.

I don't know where you get your news, but I saw him all over the media.
he was more in the media later on when he ran but in the beginning, he was ignored. Ike I said his supporters made him relevant and the media had to cover him due to his popularity. He was more grassroots than anything.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Hillary is a lifelong Democrat that has supported the party and its candidates in various ways over several decades; Sanders only registered as a Democrat to run for president and left the party after the race. So yeah, of course there was bias.
well, that bias heloed her to win the nomination and that is why the democratic party lost.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:04 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
Quote:
Perhaps I wasnt clear enough. I am proud that people voted for someone they truly believed in. Sanders and trump were seen as outsiders and.not part of the establishment. They were seen as unique and instead of everyone.voting.for hillary and the.oyher gop candidate only, they decided to.vote for who they wanted to see.as.president
. Usually peolle would say I dont.think such and.such will win and.then they vote for the status quo. This time around, things were different. I believe that is why Mr. Obama was so popular is that he represented change when he ran.
Bad comparison obama was popular Sanders was popular

Hilary was popular but she took a hit over the years she was more popular then trump generally most of the election until the last week when the FBI reopen the email case up this dominate the news and flip a lot polls. The timing was a political nightmare for her.

Yes trump has supporters but they are in the minorty the vast majority of the country is at odds with trump. Trump won because in a few key states There are swing voters at last minute deciders gave trump a chance. Voters that disagree with a vast numbers of things with trump but were in to hope that he rises up and become a good leader. More presidential and less divisive. And hasn't which is why his approval are low.

Trump is fucos on trying to please his small group of hardcore supporters than the majority of the country this differ greatly from Sanders.

Hillary is a thousand times closer sanders than trump is. But Sanders criticized Hillary for basically for being a centrist not taking on the banks and etc enough. At the other end trump who's elected put billionaires in his cabinet. He made an Exxon mobile CEO head of state. About cut taxes on the rich and derugalate banks back to pre recessions causes.

My issue is base on your criticism of Hilary, if you hate Hilary so much how the hell is trump an outsider? That basically saying trump is such an elistist insider in the 1% that he becomes an outsider in Washington even among other insiders.

But trump edge the victory with voters who decided to give him a chance. Not that trump won because he was a populist. He now failing voters who decided to him a chance which is why his numbers are low. It's nothing like sanders.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Bad comparison obama was popular Sanders was popular

Hilary was popular but she took a hit over the years she was more popular then trump generally most of the election until the last week when the FBI reopen the email case up this dominate the news and flip a lot polls. The timing was a political nightmare for her.

Yes trump has supporters but they are in the minorty the vast majority of the country is at odds with trump. Trump won because in a few key states There are swing voters at last minute deciders gave trump a chance. Voters that disagree with a vast numbers of things with trump but were in to hope that he rises up and become a good leader. More presidential and less divisive. And hasn't which is why his approval are low.

Trump is fucos on trying to please his small group of hardcore supporters than the majority of the country this differ greatly from Sanders.

Hillary is a thousand times closer sanders than trump is. But Sanders criticized Hillary for basically for being a centrist not taking on the banks and etc enough. At the other end trump who's elected put billionaires in his cabinet. He made an Exxon mobile CEO head of state. About cut taxes on the rich and derugalate banks back to pre recessions causes.

My issue is base on your criticism of Hilary, if you hate Hilary so much how the hell is trump an outsider? That basically saying trump is such an elistist insider in the 1% that he becomes an outsider in Washington even among other insiders.

But trump edge the victory with voters who decided to give him a chance. Not that trump won because he was a populist. He now failing voters who decided to him a chance which is why his numbers are low. It's nothing like sanders.
i dont see him as an outsider. I see him as what he truly is-selfish, arrogant, racist, misogynistout.to benefit people just like him while shi----g on everyone else. Those who voted for him saw him as an outsider. Obama and Sanders were similar towards change they represented though both's definition of change are probably different.
I cant compare the two because sanders os like a party onto himself haha.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:39 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
well, that bias heloed her to win the nomination and that is why the democratic party lost.
She was gonna win the nomination in any case. As much as I like Bernie, he was a relatively unknown entity before he ran whereas Hillary has had TONS more exposure for years, including a previous presidential run. Furthermore, Bernie struggled HARD to connect with a substantial portion of the Democratic base: Black people. You can't win the Democratic nomination and lose every single state in the South, where Black voters are most concentrated, in the primary. The DNC had nothing--NOTHING--to do with any of that. And I'm still perplexed as to why you think the DNC wouldn't be biased towards an actual Democrat. Bernie isn't a Democrat.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:36 PM

I sense a lot of anger/hurt on this thread. Your Hillary lost. But you know what, it happened. Some are downplaying how popular Trump was and this and that. He is president of the U.S. He may not have won the popular vote but he got people out voting for him. Many of you want to say that a lot of the people who voted for him did not do so because of how racist he was but I honestly believe that it is a huge reason people voted for him. It is dangerous to not recognize things for the way they are. A lot of people in this country still are very racist and they tend to think that the U.S. is 'their' country and Trump is helping them to get 'their' country back. Trump swept the floor with Clinton and beat her at her own game. She does a nasty divisive campaign and Trump played that card and beat her with it.

Many of you forgot how racist she and her husband were towards Mr. Barack Obama but let me tell you...I forget nothing. I am amazed at how many black people are shocked when I tell them about the racism that was apparent in her campaign when she was going against Mr. Obama. She was willing to divide the democratic party. She was losing big time from what I remember at one point in the campaign and she started attacking Mr. Obama like crazy. It was so negative and I never forgot how nasty she was towards him.

About the FBI and emails. I think that pales in comparison to Trump calling Latino men rapists, him saying it's okay to grab a woman's pu**y and that he can get away with it, wanting to ban muslims from the U.S., etc. Be real! She lost to him. A lot of people don't trust her and there are many many supporters of her who are in denial. I'm not saying Sanders is perfect but come on.

Last edited by DreamerD; 02-10-2017 at 09:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta