Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2017, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,670 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I live right by Kennesaw State University and have a job come summer time off Peachtree Dunwoody Rd.

I used to regularly commute myself via I-75/I-285/GA400 but that took sometimes up to one hour and ran the chance of me having a car wreck.

I know that there is CCT (Cobb County Transit) that runs through KSU and Town Center. I'd like to efficiently take CCT to MARTA to then take down to the Abernathy/Mt.Vernon station. When I looked at the different CCT routes, it seemed they all went straight to downtown. Seems inefficient for me to go downtown and then take MARTA back north. Also Five Points is a bit sketchy for my taste.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 12:42 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,259,585 times
It pains me that there are no good options for you. Blame Cobb County for that.

You can park & ride at Marietta transit center, and take CCT bus route 10 to Arts Center station, then head north on the Red line to Sandy Springs station. It will take a while.

To my knowledge, I don't think there's any transit option that goes along the top end of 285. Which is ridiculous.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:57 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,692,768 times
There appears to be SOME kind of GRTA bus that goes to Perimeter Center from Cobb along the top-end of I-285, though for the life of me, I can not figure out which route it is.

Maybe give GRTA a call and see if they can help?

Old 02-12-2017, 05:33 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
There appears to be SOME kind of GRTA bus that goes to Perimeter Center from Cobb along the top-end of I-285, though for the life of me, I can not figure out which route it is.

The blue lines are tricky. They are just to show the area coverage when they had the service areas broken down by North, East, West and South.

Currently, only 2 lines go to Perimeter which are the 401 from Cumming and the 428 from Conyers/Lithonia so that's not an option.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:27 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post

I think that blue line that runs between I-75 Northwest and GA 400 across the Top End of the I-285 Perimeter on the GRTA Xpress system map potentially might represent a future GRTA Xpress commuter bus line that has not come online yet. But like you I am not quite certain what that particular blue line might represent, particularly with there seeming to be no buses currently operating along that stretch of I-285.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradams View Post
Hello,

I live right by Kennesaw State University and have a job come summer time off Peachtree Dunwoody Rd.

I used to regularly commute myself via I-75/I-285/GA400 but that took sometimes up to one hour and ran the chance of me having a car wreck.

I know that there is CCT (Cobb County Transit) that runs through KSU and Town Center. I'd like to efficiently take CCT to MARTA to then take down to the Abernathy/Mt.Vernon station. When I looked at the different CCT routes, it seemed they all went straight to downtown. Seems inefficient for me to go downtown and then take MARTA back north. Also Five Points is a bit sketchy for my taste.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Outside of taking the CobbLinc/CCT bus to Midtown and transferring to the Red Line from Midtown to the Perimeter Center area, there unfortunately do not seem to be any transportation options other than using your car to commute between the KSU and Perimeter Center areas.

Sorry, but outside of a taking the CCT bus to Midtown and taking the MARTA Red Line from Midtown to Perimeter Center, your only option seems to be to drive from Kennesaw to your job in Perimeter Center.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:34 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,859,920 times
Shocked GRTA doesn't run commuter buses to Cumberland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta