Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Dude!!! Fall back. I didn't say I was voting for her, I didn't say anything one way or another about her qualifications. I'm not telling random strangers online who I choose to vote for. I was simply responding to what someone else said in jest about her being attractive.
This has been making the rounds lately and would probably be applicable here.

Under the Rock hack for avoiding sexist behavior, simply give women the same respect you'd give to Dwayne Johnson. For example, if you wouldn't feel comfortable telling Dwayne he's got a decent caboose, don't say that about a woman.

https://medium.com/@annevictoriaclar...t-73c45e0b49af
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 10:26 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Actually, seeing Bottoms win would be funny because so many on here don't like her. However, I would just shrug it off with ambivalence because this will still be Atlanta. Nevertheless it will still be with another black female mayor to boot, LOL
She definitely has a very good shot.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:56 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
She definitely has a very good shot.
Yeah, but what was up with this?

Mayoral candidate admits to not fully paying water bills for years | WSB-TV

What kind of responsible billpayer does this? Or can she just not be bothered?

Old 10-12-2017, 11:22 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post

No different than Most of the on here at work and should be working but instead they are playing on the internet

Old 10-12-2017, 11:54 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,783,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post

Seems like she knows that if you pay part of your bill they won’t cut you off. So, she pays something each month, but rarely what she owes.

It’s not special treatment. But it does seem like her thinking is somewhere in between gaming the system and rationalization on her part.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:00 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,351,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Seems like she knows that if you pay part of your bill they won’t cut you off. So, she pays something each month, but rarely what she owes.

It’s not special treatment. But it does seem like her thinking is somewhere in between gaming the system and rationalization on her part.

Clearly is something strange about Bottoms. Between the water bill stuff, her taking money from people under investigation currently for fraud, her strange relationship with Reed and her looking like a fool arguing with Fort and Mitchell. Her campaign also seems to be the main one doing the race baiting and pandering about the white candidates.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:16 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,060 times
Bottoms is my least favorite candidate. No positions on her website. She just seems to run on being the black candidate and Reeds choice, and is trying very hard to turn it into a racial contest.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Clearly is something strange about Bottoms. Between the water bill stuff, her taking money from people under investigation currently for fraud, her strange relationship with Reed and her looking like a fool arguing with Fort and Mitchell. Her campaign also seems to be the main one doing the race baiting and pandering about the white candidates.
Reed said on V-103 on yesterday that he and Bottoms actually grew up together in SW Atl so he has known her since either elementary or middle school

Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Bottoms is my least favorite candidate. No positions on her website. She just seems to run on being the black candidate and Reeds choice, and is trying very hard to turn it into a racial contest.
This bothers me the most; surely she's some opinions by now formed. Maybe she'd like to share couple instead of crowing over her supposed accomplishments and baiting the other candidates.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm on Fort's side here. She is trying to shoulder him with the blame for a decriminalization bill not passing at the state level, as if he possesses the absolute power to do so. He correctly responded that he did introduce the bill, and his supporters clearly seemed to understand that.
At least the confrontation forced her hand on the final vote.

Atlanta Council Approves Cannabis Decriminalization | Atlanta Progressive News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta