Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 970 times

Advertisements

As they redesign the Windy Hill Road exit on 75 North, is anyone thinking of the Pappasito / Pappadeaux entrance craziness.

Saturday evening because of the people trying to get into that restaurant area, there was a traffic backup all the way to 75 North.

I suppose people could not find parking in the restaurant lot. So the cars in that last lane were stuck. People getting off the exit were stuck.

This is traffic hazard, are the Road planners addressing this.

Dangerous for people getting off the exit. Also a big inconvenience for those not going to those restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 04:06 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sptcarxl View Post
As they redesign the Windy Hill Road exit on 75 North, is anyone thinking of the Pappasito / Pappadeaux entrance craziness.

Saturday evening because of the people trying to get into that restaurant area, there was a traffic backup all the way to 75 North.

I suppose people could not find parking in the restaurant lot. So the cars in that last lane were stuck. People getting off the exit were stuck.

Dangerous for people getting off the exit. Also a big inconvenience for those not going to those restaurants.
That intersection had a high rate of crashes, before the roadway redesign to realign the road and create a signalized intersection. Other than that, unless more people carpool or use transit, there is not much more to do.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:06 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Maybe the restaurants need to hire some off duty cops to help traffic get in and out of their parking lot.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:19 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
That whole area is getting completely rebuilt right now. They have made the Windy Hill exit intersection one of those god-awful diverging diamond interchanges, and the whole thing is a disaster right now. The other day, it took me 13 minutes to get 3/4 of a mile from Cobb Parkway to I-75. Maybe that's what contributed to the traffic Saturday?

Old 03-13-2017, 11:40 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sptcarxl View Post

Its a bad curve there at the main entrance.

If you are going there-hint-Interstate Parkway and the back entrance are a lot easier.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:43 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Its a bad curve there at the main entrance.

If you are going there-hint-Interstate Parkway and the back entrance are a lot easier.
It may be crazier right now because I think Interstate Parkway has been closed as they finish up construction in that area.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:57 PM

847 posts, read 1,457,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
It may be crazier right now because I think Interstate Parkway has been closed as they finish up construction in that area.

That would explain a lot. My wife and I used the back entrance off of Interstate North the last few times that we went there. We would take the back way out as well since there was always a line at the Windy Hill entrance/exit.

The 75/Windy Hill interchange was already a mess, but the construction has made it a pure Charlie Foxtrot. It'll probably be a minute before things get smoothed out over there.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:45 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Maybe the restaurants need to hire some off duty cops to help traffic get in and out of their parking lot.
Those restaurants should hire cops to prevent people from getting robbed in that parking lot first before they even think about traffic. That area is prime time for the stick up kids. More than a few people have gotten jacked and some even killed in that area in the last few years. The Cumberland area has more larceny/robbery related crimes than the Greenbriar Mall area now. That should speak volumes. Traffic isn't the main issue over there now IMO

Old 03-14-2017, 10:58 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Those restaurants should hire cops to prevent people from getting robbed in that parking lot first before they even think about traffic. That area is prime time for the stick up kids. More than a few people have gotten jacked and some even killed in that area in the last few years. The Cumberland area has more larceny/robbery related crimes than the Greenbriar Mall area now. That should speak volumes. Traffic isn't the main issue over there now IMO
Wow! That is terrible. What's going on? I used to think of that area as safe and suburban.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:22 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Are there more stories about people getting attacked in the Pappa's parking lots? I heard the one story, but wasn't that like a disgruntled ex or something, and not a "stick up kid"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta