U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:35 AM

2 posts, read 1,083 times

Advertisements

To preserve the historic buildings in downtown Woodstock, a new establishment is awaiting "variance approvals" but hopes to build out on the site and create an iconic corner in downtown Woodstock where the Mural is - if you are familiar with that area off of Main Street. Rootstock & Vine Proposed for Hot Dog Heaven Site - ScoopOTP . I think it's a great addition for the area and hope it passes. A Waffle House was in consideration for that area, but didn't pass. The City is having public information hearings. [url="http://scoopotp.com/rootstock-vine-proposed-for-woodstock/"]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 07:02 AM

765 posts, read 724,491 times
That'll be great. Plus the fact that it would overlook the amphitheater, you know the rooftop will be packed during concerts! I love the direction Downtown Woodstock, and Woodstock in general, is heading.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:15 AM

4,429 posts, read 2,173,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
That'll be great. Plus the fact that it would overlook the amphitheater, you know the rooftop will be packed during concerts! I love the direction Downtown Woodstock, and Woodstock in general, is heading.
Haha a Waffle House. Really? That was a smart decision saying no. Yeah, Woodstock is doing something right.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Haha a Waffle House. Really? That was a smart decision saying no. Yeah, Woodstock is doing something right.
Haha yes! And the funny thing is theres already a waffle house on Towne Lake pkwy not more than a mile outside of the downtown area. I applaud their decision. They definitely wanted to keep the charm of the downtown area.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Haha yes! And the funny thing is theres already a waffle house on Towne Lake pkwy not more than a mile outside of the downtown area. I applaud their decision. They definitely wanted to keep the charm of the downtown area.

I think Kennesaw wants to do the same thing. Not too many people frequent downtown Kennesaw unless they have official business or need the library. Plus that wildman store I believe turns most people off from the area.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I think Kennesaw wants to do the same thing. Not too many people frequent downtown Kennesaw unless they have official business or need the library. Plus that wildman store I believe turns most people off from the area.
I honestly have yet to visit downtown Kennesaw. When I think Kennesaw, Barrett Pkwy pops in my head (which my wife and I frequent). I need to check it out, even the infamous Wildman store!

Old 03-23-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I honestly have yet to visit downtown Kennesaw. When I think Kennesaw, Barrett Pkwy pops in my head (which my wife and I frequent). I need to check it out, even the infamous Wildman store!
Barrett Pkwy may as well be downtown Kennesaw haha. There are a few restaurants in downtown Kennesaw and I know that they built some condos but I dunno...just not somewhere I see myself hanging. I usually go to Atlanta instead.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:35 PM

30,562 posts, read 29,024,118 times
Downtown Woodstock has really become a nice place. The amphitheater should be amazing.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Downtown Woodstock has really become a nice place. The amphitheater should be amazing.
Its all us transplants demanding new things. How dare we! ::shakes fist::

But in all seriousness, I am looking forward to the concerts this summer. As well as the future Towne Lake pass trail, which would connect the Towne Lake subdivisions to Downtown Woodstock.

Groundbreaking For Towne Lake Pass Trail Set For March 4 - Woodstock, GA Patch

Is drinking and biking illegal? Hitting up Truck and Tap and biking home sounds like something I would do

Old 03-23-2017, 04:15 PM

30,562 posts, read 29,024,118 times
Quote:
Its all us transplants demanding new things. How dare we! ::shakes fist::

But in all seriousness, I am looking forward to the concerts this summer. As well as the future Towne Lake pass trail, which would connect the Towne Lake subdivisions to Downtown Woodstock.

Groundbreaking For Towne Lake Pass Trail Set For March 4 - Woodstock, GA Patch

Is drinking and biking illegal? Hitting up Truck and Tap and biking home sounds like something I would do
You folks aren't messing around. I just checked out the Greenprints website and the trail system looks great!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta