Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 10:19 AM

135 posts, read 87,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Life Expectancy [SSRC]
California 80.8
New York 80.5
Massachusetts 80.5
Georgia 77.2

Educational Attainment Index [SSRC]
Massachusetts 6.23
New York 5.44
California 4.94
Georgia 4.80

Infant Mortality [KFF]
Massachusetts 4.2 per 1000
California 4.8 per 1000
New York 4.9 per 1000
Georgia 7.0 per 1000

Why don't you look at taxes, cost of living, immigration, etc...NYC and much of southern and northern California metropolitan areas are not affordable to most Americans. That is part of the problem with liberal cities - they are so tax heavy that the average American cannot afford to live there. It is not realistic to compare to other areas of the US. Funny how so many people move to Atlanta for lower cost of living, lower taxes (eventhough they are much higher than they used to be) and the schools are not great but getting better. Also what is the source? Are these assessments including foreign born residents? immigrants? self-reported? Cumulative data? Does it take into account any confounding factors? Is it stratified by race? AA has highest rate of infant mortality - the south has highest rate of AA. If you stratified that data by race is GA still at 7.0? Almost all statistics can be stratified by income and once you do that there is not much difference. It would be similar to comparing income in Atlanta to income in rural Georgia without disclosing it.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:19 AM

376 posts, read 328,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmichael View Post
I know many people (who vote republican) who are bothered by his lifestyle (shacking up with his girlfriend for 12 years) but not marrying her. Different values. Say what you will but people who are pro-life look at that.
Oh? But these same ppl weren't bothered by Pres Trumpie multiple divorces and p*ssy grabbing?

Old 04-19-2017, 10:22 AM

815 posts, read 986,872 times
Quote:
I wish they would listen to you. All of these yanks that move here try to "change" the South. You want to move here for jobs - fine - but this is not NY or CA or MA.
Awww. Bless your heart.

I see all of these new subdivisions being built, and just think of all the yankee families just waiting to move into them

Old 04-19-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Did any one realize that the difference between all Republican voters - all Democrat voters = 4,086 people.

I am sure all democrats did not vote so we have to make sure we get them all out the next round. And who knows, we can potentially swade some independent voters and some Republican voters to change to the Democrat side.

I am sure Trump will continue lying and be plagued with scandals. There is hope, my fellow Democrats!!!

Where are you getting that? There are almost half million registered voters in district 6 and less than half voted yesterday. Not everyone one votes their party line.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelinMan View Post
Oh? But these same ppl weren't bothered by Pres Trumpie multiple divorces and p*ssy grabbing?
Being married seems to make an honest woman sort of speak vs. "living in sin" (I think it is a hypocritical argument but I know many people who are bothered by it). I agree the multiple marriages of anyone (sans death of a spouse) makes me think the person is not the easiest to get along with. I could care less about his locker room talk. He is arrogant, rich and thinks he is God's gift to women. I don't offended by that stuff b/c I am not a politically correct person.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:32 AM

8,469 posts, read 14,922,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
A couple travels down South and you quickly learn just how hard core right wing Christian southerners are.
Clearly you haven't spent much time in North Dekalb, North Fulton, and North Cobb. There aren't many of those types in those areas. It is mostly professional moderate Republicans living there and a growing amount of liberal voters. By the next Presidential election it should go blue given it was only 1 percentage point away last time around.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:32 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,661,982 times
Quote:
Why don't you look at taxes, cost of living, immigration, etc...
Because I wanted to highlight what is really important, people's lives and their health, rather than pander to the petty and selfish concerns of the money-grubbing.

Luke 18:24-25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Awww. Bless your heart.
Amen.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Then he's still wrong, because Ossoff grew up in the 6th district.

He just moved away 12 years ago at age 18. Whatever.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Because I wanted to highlight what is really important, people's lives and their health, rather than pander to the petty and selfish concerns of the money-grubbing.

Luke 18:24-25.

Amen.

I computed statistic and analytical tables for years and presenting them one-sided to simply "prove your point" and not addressing some of the questions I presented is biased or junk science. I find the democratic party to be selfish and petty (look at the ones in congress who live like the 1% but pretend to care about working americans. They don't). They use the private school system but tell everyone they are advocates of the public school system (like Ossoff). And spending 8.3 million on an election with outside money from Hollywood A listers that have no interest in this state but simply wants revenge on our president? A 30 year inexperienced liberal who attended private school and has no connection to working American families is the answer? No, I don't think so. He is a pawn for the democratic party.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Clearly you haven't spent much time in North Dekalb, North Fulton, and North Cobb. There aren't many of those types in those areas. It is mostly professional moderate Republicans living there and a growing amount of liberal voters. By the next Presidential election it should go blue given it was only 1 percentage point away last time around.

It was 1 percentage point b/c Trump was not a popular republican candidate within his own party. I wouldn't count on cobb and north fulton going blue just yet. Atlanta is blue but the suburbs still have a lot of conservatives.

In addition, big difference between North DeKalb and North Fulton and Cobb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta