Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 12:19 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,116,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
The Clinton's have been doing this going on two Decades now.
Neither Clinton is in the picture any more. The year is 2017. Try to keep up.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:34 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,172,465 times
While I can't stand Bill Clinton and am not a huge fan of Hillary's, and could criticize both of them all day, I never had any doubt about their ultimate loyalties or whether they were traitors to their country. With Trump, you know, I really don't know.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:43 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,632,410 times
Honestly, we (Democrats) do not have to say anything else. Trump and his crooked cronies are doing a great job at pissing off Americans:

Mitch McConnell - Too much is at stake' for new investigation after Comey firing, but some GOP disagree: Mitch McConnell: 'Too much is at stake' for new investigation - CNNPolitics.com

Reporter arrested after repeatedly questioning Health secretary - Reporter arrested after repeatedly questioning Health secretary

Preet Bharara, Sally Yates and James Comey: Fired while investigating Donald Trump - Preet Bharara, Sally Yates and James Comey: Fired while investigating Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Crowd boos at town hall over special prosecutor: Crowd boos at town hall over special prosecutor - CNN Video

Old 05-10-2017, 12:56 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,867,347 times
Quote:
The problem here is you seem to think it is ok for Bill and Hillary to sell their services to the highest bidder for political pay for play and accumulate tremendous wealth from 'public service'. I am a Democrat whose eyes were really opened up this election to the Clinton's and the shady things they have done over the years which is sad because it was Bill who got me into politics as a teenager during his first term. Up until about 6 months ago I was a 'Clinton Democrat'. Hillary's failures shut the door on that group forever now. Trump won a fair election. As much as I hate that I have accepted it and moved on. Some of you might want to do the same. This Russia stuff is a bunch of nothing. There is no evidence of any collusion. Senators talk to foreign dignitaries all the time. That is their job.

The best thing Democrats can do is start working toward the 2018 midterm and 2020 Presidential elections. I don't have one issue with anything President Obama did. Why would I? You seem to not be able to look at this without any extreme bias.

Michael Flynn has already been shown to have violated the law. The Trump team was told Flynn was compromised and kept him on, receiving security briefings, until the Washington Post ran the story. This is not "nothing." And you have no idea what evidence exists or does not exist as the investigation is ongoing. I don't think Comey asked for more funding for the investigation if there is "nothing" there Your assertion that "there is no evidence of collusion," is premature at best.

And then here you come with your tired refrain about "moving on" from the election. Let's remember that YOU brought up Clinton. Doesn't sound much like moving on to me. My focus is on Trump.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:15 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,336,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
Michael Flynn has already been shown to have violated the law. The Trump team was told Flynn was compromised and kept him on, receiving security briefings, until the Washington Post ran the story. This is not "nothing." And you have no idea what evidence exists or does not exist as the investigation is ongoing. I don't think Comey asked for more funding for the investigation if there is "nothing" there Your assertion that "there is no evidence of collusion," is premature at best.

And then here you come with your tired refrain about "moving on" from the election. Let's remember that YOU brought up Clinton. Doesn't sound much like moving on to me. My focus is on Trump.
As of right now there is no evidence of collusion. Could something be found? Sure, but I also could win the lottery this week. But right now there is nothing and as each day goes on it gets more and more pointless. Flynn is gone. It doesn't matter at this point if he was compromised because he isn't in a position of power anymore. At this point what difference does it make? You realize there is nothing that is going to put Hillary in the White House. It is over. She lost to one of the worst most unqualified and unlikable candidates in the last 100 years. Russia isn't going to change any of that. At worst we are stuck with Mike Pence and if you look into his background, beliefs, agenda he is even scarier than Trump.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Honestly, we (Democrats) do not have to say anything else. Trump and his crooked cronies are doing a great job at pissing off Americans:

Mitch McConnell - Too much is at stake' for new investigation after Comey firing, but some GOP disagree: Mitch McConnell: 'Too much is at stake' for new investigation - CNNPolitics.com

Reporter arrested after repeatedly questioning Health secretary - Reporter arrested after repeatedly questioning Health secretary

Preet Bharara, Sally Yates and James Comey: Fired while investigating Donald Trump - Preet Bharara, Sally Yates and James Comey: Fired while investigating Donald Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Crowd boos at town hall over special prosecutor: Crowd boos at town hall over special prosecutor - CNN Video
Do you honestly think Hillary was going to retain Comey after all that has gone on? She would have fired him faster than Trump did.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:41 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,632,410 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think Hillary was going to retain Comey after all that has gone on? She would have fired him faster than Trump did.
Stop trying to blame the person (Hilary) who is not in office!!!!!!!! This is not about Hilary, this is about your president who is in office now!!!!! What don't you understand about that?

Then, there is this: Days Before Firing, Comey Asked for More Resources for Russia Inquiry - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/u...-fbi.html?_r=0 that no one on the Republican side seems to be addressing or talking about. If it is not true, then the Republicans should be making that clear but instead we are seeing this: Mitch McConnell - Too much is at stake' for new investigation after Comey firing, but some GOP disagree: Mitch McConnell: 'Too much is at stake' for new investigation - http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politi...ail_bottomlist.

If that is not enough for you, then read this: In Trump’s Firing of James Comey, Echoes of Watergate:
"Mr. Podesta noted that Attorney General Jeff Sessions had recommended the dismissal. “The attorney general who said he recused himself on all the Russia matters recommended the firing of the F.B.I. director in charge of investigating the Russia matters,” he said.
"The Watergate comparison was unavoidable. When Mr. Cox, the special prosecutor, subpoenaed Nixon for copies of White House tapes, the president ordered that he be fired. Both Attorney General Elliot Richardson and his deputy, William Ruckelshaus, refused and resigned instead. The third-ranking Justice Department official, Solicitor General Robert H. Bork, complied with Mr. Nixon’s order and fired Mr. Cox."https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/u...ion-nixon.html

If this doesn't scream Scandal to you, then you are either ignorant or just acting ignorant because you don't want to hear the truth.

Last edited by BeyondInfinity; 05-10-2017 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-10-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Stop trying to blame the person (Hilary) who is not in office!!!!!!!! This is not about Hilary, this is about your president who is in office now!!!!! What don't you understand about that?
LOL at you calling Trump "my president". Did you forget all the Democrats in Congress who were saying Comey needed to be relieved of his duties? What changed?

Old 05-10-2017, 02:00 PM

10,733 posts, read 13,269,702 times
Quote:
LOL at you calling Trump "my president". Did you forget all the Democrats in Congress who were saying Comey needed to be relieved of his duties? What changed?
It is a matter of timing and circumstances, from what I can tell. After Comey announced that the email investigation was reopened days before the election, President Trump supported him on several occasions. Now, however, with the Flynn fallout and the Russia investigation underway, the President fired Director Comey. I think it is only prudent to investigate.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Then, there is this: Days Before Firing, Comey Asked for More Resources for Russia Inquiry - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/u...-fbi.html?_r=0 that no one on the Republican side seems to be addressing or talking about. If it is not true, then the Republicans should be making that clear but instead we are seeing this: Mitch McConnell - Too much is at stake' for new investigation after Comey firing, but some GOP disagree: Mitch McConnell: 'Too much is at stake' for new investigation - Mitch McConnell: 'Too much is at stake' for new investigation - CNNPolitics.com.

If that is not enough for you, then read this: In Trump’s Firing of James Comey, Echoes of Watergate:
"Mr. Podesta noted that Attorney General Jeff Sessions had recommended the dismissal. “The attorney general who said he recused himself on all the Russia matters recommended the firing of the F.B.I. director in charge of investigating the Russia matters,” he said.
"The Watergate comparison was unavoidable. When Mr. Cox, the special prosecutor, subpoenaed Nixon for copies of White House tapes, the president ordered that he be fired. Both Attorney General Elliot Richardson and his deputy, William Ruckelshaus, refused and resigned instead. The third-ranking Justice Department official, Solicitor General Robert H. Bork, complied with Mr. Nixon’s order and fired Mr. Cox."https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/u...ion-nixon.html

If this doesn't scream Scandal to you, then you are either ignorant or just acting ignorant because you don't want to hear the truth.

Again, why were many Democrats in Congress calling for Comey to be fired just a short while ago? What changed? Flynn is gone. Not sure what else you want done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta