Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM
ABM ABM started this thread

339 posts, read 992,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, ABM!

No prob.

Here's a site I use quite regularly when checking out travel destinations. Obviously, this particular portion is on Oregon.

Have fun!! I'm jealous. However, I'll be out there for 2 1/2 weeks in late September (well after the kiddies are back in school)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 09:03 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
Geez, you Cali people.

(j/k, I'm originally from Oregon. )
Haha, yup too bad I can't stay for longer, I always regret not studying abroad in College. I will only be there for 6 days .

Old 03-06-2008, 09:21 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,185 times
Quote:
I've heard of people like you. "My s__t don't stink."?

It was true! That's why we didn't think "raw sewage" right away.

Also, it was because it wasn't solids. The solids weren't making up to the surface so the gravel drive was acting as sort of a filter. But still...you can't have that public health hazard around.

And even with a professional it took them half a day longer because my house had a weird old house plumbing configuration and they missed an outflow pipe from one of the kitchens at first. But then they found it but it was night so they came back the next day to fix it. So we didn't use the kitchen sinks for an evening...

Plumbing is always a pain...

Old 03-06-2008, 11:43 AM

30 posts, read 133,648 times
How does one get one of the gov't rebate checks? Is that the same as the annual tax refund?
SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the purpose of the money is to help stimulate the economy. That being said, I think the best way to do that is to spend the money locally, supporting "local" business...............NOT the national chains.

I am still deciding between (perhaps, mixing it up some):

Towards Painting House

Landscaping Project

Local Restaurant(s)

Some Home Repair (i.e. Building Shelving In Garage)

Misc. Shopping - Various Local Shops

How 'bout you? Any ideas?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:57 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,398,755 times
Default Stimulus check

If you file a return, showing income, you should be getting a check in May. I think this is getting returns in earlier. (Glad I don't do tax prep, extentions are the norm for some, but that might have a bearing the "rebate?").
Mercifilly don't have to buy/ repair coin op washer.....tennant called back, found out it works better w/ the water on! New roof is my plan to stimulate the econ!

Old 03-06-2008, 04:02 PM

103 posts, read 327,574 times
I am not too excited about it because I know that I am going to pay it back next year, but I am going to take it and fix my new apt for me and my kids. it is going to comein just in time for that being that I am moving my stuff down from NYC at that time too.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:07 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
I'm going to take my token check (given back to me by the parasites who stole it from me in the first place) and give it to the local parasites who will steal in it in the form of property tax, of course I will need to add a few thousand more to the token check.

What a farce!

Old 03-06-2008, 06:12 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,969 times
we need to renew our passports $200 just to have them current, and we want to spend a semester with the grandkids in Hawaii before we have to grow up and make any final plans for the rest of our lives. ATL will have to wait. The money will pay the vet fees to keep the kitties out of quarantine over there. Anything that's left over, hah, will go towards that adventure. I refuse to but junk I don't need to "pretend" to "bolster the economy."

Old 03-06-2008, 09:53 PM

145 posts, read 598,233 times
I'm going to put some 20'' rims on my Geo Metro or buy a Hickey Freeman Suit. Haven't decided yet.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 AM

82 posts, read 335,512 times
Would putting it towards a down payment/moving expenses/furniture in a relocatoin to ATL count as spending it locally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta