Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 07:27 AM

290 posts, read 310,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What happened on MARTA is not a gun culture problem. It's a ghetto culture problem. It's a "do it my way or you're dead" kind of mentality.
You do realize at least 10 people have been murdered in the Northern suburbs in the past year. What kind of culture is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 07:27 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,184,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
You must have me confused with the posters who are using 'car accidents' to excuse murders which is one of the most vile and ridiculous comparisons.
Um. You are just as dead whether someone meant to kill you or not. It's just as tragic of a loss of life.

And death by accidents and malice both contribute equally to the data of risk and how safe/unsafe something is.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:28 AM

4,819 posts, read 6,054,479 times
Quote:
I am making it about people. You must have me confused with the posters who are using 'car accidents' to excuse murders which is one of the most vile and ridiculous comparisons. If you look back one calendar year there is becoming a disturbing pattern of shootings and stabbings at MARTA stations. That is the issue here. Someone lost their life and we have people saying "Well it would also happen in a car!!!!" but it DIDN'T happen in a car.
This is the error

Posters are not making excuses posters are being logical

Nobody is cheer-leading or saying this is anything remotely positive

The problem is you want posters to agree with you, you highlight and exaggerate the fatalities at MARTA stations. As if there something special to point out in comparison to other forms of transportation.

Your saying tell it to the parents of the person who lost their life on MARTA.... that's like saying tell that to the parents of the person who lost their life on the road because somebody cut them off. Which is way more common.

Another problem is this not about the death to you........ it's about MARTA, your making this about MARTA not the death other wise it wouldn't matter how the person pasted because it unfortunate anyway it goes. but you want this to be about MARTA that's why your getting the responses your getting.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:38 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,338,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
This is the error

Posters are not making excuses posters are being logical

Nobody is cheer-leading or saying this is anything remotely positive

The problem is you want posters to agree with you, you highlight and exaggerate the fatalities at MARTA stations. As if there something special to point out in comparison to other forms of transportation.

Your saying tell it to the parents of the person who lost their life on MARTA.... that's like saying tell that to the parents of the person who lost their life on the road because somebody cut them off. Which is way more common.

Another problem is this not about the death to you........ it's about MARTA, your making this about MARTA not the death other wise it wouldn't matter how the person pasted because it unfortunate anyway it goes. but you want this to be about MARTA that's why your getting the responses your getting.
No. Tell me why anyone would bring up the response about deaths in car accidents as a retort to someone being murdered on public transit. That is what was done on here before I even made one single post on the subject. It wasn't me. Do you know why they call them car accidents? Was what happened on MARTA yesterday an 'accident'? The 'car' argument is so ridiculous on sheer volume alone. Also, ignoring the violent crime on MARTA in the last year is ignorant. These things should not be happening and it is unacceptable. You are making it about MARTA with the ridiculous and ignorant excuses about 'cars'. Look at airlines. They serve a much higher percentage of people than MARTA does and you don't have people being shot 5 times in a calendar year. This is becoming a problem and ignoring it and making excuses because you want to defend MARTA is disrespectful to the people who have been victims and future victims.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:40 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,722,390 times
Quote:
No. Tell me why anyone would bring up the response about deaths in car accidents as a retort to someone being murdered on public transit. That is what was done on here before I even made one single post on the subject. It wasn't me. Do you know why they call them car accidents? Was what happened on MARTA yesterday an 'accident'? The 'car' argument is so ridiculous on sheer volume alone. Also, ignoring the violent crime on MARTA in the last year is ignorant. These things should not be happening and it is unacceptable. You are making it about MARTA with the ridiculous and ignorant excuses about 'cars'. Look at airlines. They serve a much higher percentage of people than MARTA does and you don't have people being shot 5 times in a calendar year. This is becoming a problem and ignoring it and making excuses because you want to defend MARTA is disrespectful to the people who have been victims and future victims.
There is no such thing as 'car accidents.' Someone is always at fault. Speeding, distracted driving, failure to yield, following too close, etc.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:41 AM

4,819 posts, read 6,054,479 times
Quote:
'Driving' is not a comparison to someone who was targeted and killed. Telling me "it is more safe" is absolutely trying to downplay it and act like the recent murders don't matter. It is a sick thought process to have.
No it's called being logical.... So I guess if a person pass in car accident it doesn't count as a death

Also no.... what is sick not actually caring about a person dying but rather trying use the event as a opportunity or agenda against MARTA. Other wise where the person died shouldn't matter to you because It's unfortunate either or. This shows you care about the place of person dying much more than the death at all.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:43 AM

290 posts, read 310,235 times
Quote:

Do you ignore the multiple murders in the Northern suburbs, at least 10 have been murdered in the current calendar year yet all I hear is how safe it is out there

Old 04-14-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
There is no such thing as 'car accidents.' Someone is always at fault. Speeding, distracted driving, failure to yield, following too close, etc.
So someone being targeted and shot in the head and killed on a MARTA train is the same as someone speeding? Or failing to yield? Please tell me you are trolling.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekman243 View Post
Do you ignore the multiple murders in the Northern suburbs, at least 10 have been murdered in the current calendar year yet all I hear is how safe it is out there

I don't live in the northern suburbs so I don't know or care what goes on up there. I live in the city and I do care what happens here. Not sure how this is relevant as there have been far more murders in the city than in the suburbs. Another comparison that isn't relevant to anything. If you do it by population percentage it is even worse for the city.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
No it's called being logical.... So I guess if a person pass in car accident it doesn't count as a death

Also no.... what is sick not actually caring about a person dying but rather trying use the event as a opportunity or agenda against MARTA. Other wise where the person died shouldn't matter to you because It's unfortunate either or. This shows you care about the place of person dying much more than the death at all.
Go back and read all the posts before I even entered this thread. What you are saying isn't true. I am one of the few people that actually cares about the person who was killed. I didn't automatically go in defense mode and bring up 'cars' like many did. You have it backwards (as usual)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta