Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 08:29 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
The people who are going to the games are sitting here telling you that they didn't have to sit in bad traffic, and they like the new development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Just went to Suntrust man. ... Turner Field was a better stadium. ...Traffic on Cobb Parkway and all those roads in between 75 285 and Cobb were jammed up. ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:19 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Downtown Connector has worse traffic. You're just butthurt.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:33 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I mean, they're in second place. Despite losing their last 2. One good win streak or just a really good month, and they could be up there with Washington, and in wild card territory. They're more mediocre than terrible.

Regardless, I'm glad the Braves moved here, good team or bad. The development is great and only going to get better.
Yea as someone who has actually watched the games recently, I can say they really aren't that bad. Better hitting. Adams has been a great pickup to replace the injured Freeman. 6-4 in the last 10 but that includes dropping the last 2 to the Pirates. Missed today's game but last night was just a blown save away from a win. They won the series against 1st in the division Washington. The only loss was by 1 run. Won 3 of 4 against Toronto. Still have a lot of work to do but they aren't garbage.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:46 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
You're reaching hard as hell. And, you're pretty much the only one with this opinion. Traffic on Cobb has ALWAYS been terrible. I live dead in the area and the traffic hasn't been any worse than it was before the stadium opened. Pretty much everyone has already acknowledged that fact.
If you werent at the day game between the Braves and the Pirates like I was yesterday. Id suggest you shut up Brownhornet. That was MY experience and I didnt like it. I expected it to be easy based on this thread. Traffic was jammed up.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:57 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
You're reaching hard as hell. And, you're pretty much the only one with this opinion. Traffic on Cobb has ALWAYS been terrible. I live dead in the area and the traffic hasn't been any worse than it was before the stadium opened. Pretty much everyone has already acknowledged that fact.
You can view traffic counts: http://cobbcountyga.maps.arcgis.com/...e6e36c9ef01829

Old 05-26-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
Agreed, I live pretty much next to STP and so far the traffic has been a surprising non-event. I thought it would be hell too, but it hasn't been yet.

Until all the restaurants are open, the few there now will be crowded. Attendance is low because the team is playing like hot garbage.
RIGHT...that is my point the stadium was NOT full but traffic was still bad.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Braves should have invested in the team instead of real estate. The area around Turner would have redeveloped on it's own if they had ever let it instead of insisting on owning it all.

We should be watching a better team play at Turner surrounded by new development instead of having less fans sit in traffic in Cobb.
Ok so they do own all that stuff? It reminds me of Atlantic Station. They even have condos that over look the outfield. It was my first time yesterday and I was hoping it was going to be a fun time. Now I realize I stepped on the toes of those with an agenda and that is unfortunate. I dont even think I seen everything there is to offer. Way too much traffic after the game so I was in a rush to get to my car and get out of there.

Last edited by 0nyxStation; 05-26-2017 at 01:26 PM..

Old 05-26-2017, 01:57 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Ok so they do own all that stuff? It reminds me of Atlantic Station. They even have condos that over look the outfield. It was my first time yesterday and I was hoping it was going to be a fun time. Now I realize I stepped on the toes of those with an agenda and that is unfortunate. I don't even think I seen everything there is to offer. Way too much traffic after the game so I was in a rush to get to my car and get out of there.
Yeah, it is Liberty Media owned. That is why the area around Turner didn't redevelop while the Liberty Media's Braves were there. The city had multiple offers from private redevelopers to improve the area, but Liberty Media demanded to be given the property and full control of it and the redevelopment. Now with the Braves gone the Turner area is getting redeveloped by multiple private developers into a much larger project than STP for zero tax dollars.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:22 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Quote:
Now with the Braves gone the Turner area is getting redeveloped by multiple private developers into a much larger project than STP for zero tax dollars.
Seems like every other post you're griping and complaining and otherwise being negative about the Braves move, then the next post you're saying how glad you are about it. I can't seem to keep up.

One reason that I'm generally glad the Braves moved, is that Summerhill is now getting developed. If that's what it took to make that happen, then the city's better off for it.

And I agree with you that it would have been better had both been able to happen (the Braves staying downtown and the development of Summerhill), and Braves ownership are probably mostly to blame for that not happening.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:19 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Yeah, it is Liberty Media owned. That is why the area around Turner didn't redevelop while the Liberty Media's Braves were there. The city had multiple offers from private redevelopers to improve the area, but Liberty Media demanded to be given the property and full control of it and the redevelopment. Now with the Braves gone the Turner area is getting redeveloped by multiple private developers into a much larger project than STP for zero tax dollars.
Hence a sentiment by many that the move to Cobb was win for the Braves, the fans, and the CoA. Whether it was a win for Cobb remains up for debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta