Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 06:20 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,790,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Well, my commute will be less than 10 miles in a few months, when the new office is ready.

If you ever do want to go to a game at STP, just take the CCT 10 bus from Arts Center.

But it's totally understandable if you don't, given your lifestyle choice and location. But luckily for the Braves though, you're the 1% in this metro. Almost everybody drives almost everywhere, even most folks in the CoA.
I'm well aware of the transit options in metro Atlanta. It is as high as 12% transit usage in the City of Atlanta.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:40 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,218,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Yet, your elected officials continue to ignore the need for transit because they know the ones who show up and vote are the same ones who decades ago protested No-MARTA-in-Cobb.
We can show up to vote all we want. There's never anything MARTA-related to vote for or against.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:31 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,843,946 times
Quote:
We can show up to vote all we want. There's never anything MARTA-related to vote for or against.
You do get to vote for elected officials. MARTA in Cobb should be something all local elected officials are pressed on.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:53 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,790,216 times
Quote:
Clayton Co had the same issue, until pro-MARTA leaders were elected. Now they are part of MARTA with Georgia's first commuter rail line to potentially start work 2018-2020.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:10 AM

32,008 posts, read 36,658,515 times
You'd likely get mass transit buy-in from the Cumberland area, Smyrna, Mableton, and probably Mayretta and Kennesaw.

However, it's just as important to those folks to have east-west connectivity as it is to go north and south. The era of gazillions of suburban commuters streaming into the central city is long gone.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,375,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Don't live in the area but I wonder if they factored in the corporate angle before moving? I know in cities I've lived in the execs or employees go to the game after work. Driving to a suburban location after working downtown might be a bit much. Might as well just go home.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:22 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,635,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Don't live in the area but I wonder if they factored in the corporate angle before moving? I know in cities I've lived in the execs or employees go to the game after work. Driving to a suburban location after working downtown might be a bit much. Might as well just go home.
Outside of the immediate Cumberland area, the other main "corporate" job centers are within a 10 miles radius of STP

Old 05-15-2017, 01:49 PM

403 posts, read 615,377 times
The team is terrible. That is a huge part of the problem. People will go on the weekend to check out the new stadium, but not many will brave traffic (no pun intended) after work for a team that will probably lose 105 games this year....

Old 05-15-2017, 03:37 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,093,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteATL41 View Post
The team is terrible. That is a huge part of the problem. People will go on the weekend to check out the new stadium, but not many will brave traffic (no pun intended) after work for a team that will probably lose 105 games this year....
Thank you!!!! All this back and forth about the Cobb move and no one is paying any attention to how bad this team is. I could care less where they play, put the baseball field in the middle of the connector for all I care. This team has quickly descended into Rankin Smith era Falcons territory and it's like no one is even saying anything about it. SMH. Didn't they say this team would be competitive by the time STP opened? What happened to that? All I see is a pitching staff that is a few years off from being AARP members and wasted 1st round picks like Swanson who can't even bat above the Mendoza line or properly field a routine ground ball.

Why do we keep giving the Braves front office a pass when they have not yet demonstrated that they can make a good baseball decision in FA or the draft? I keep hearing the "just wait till the players come out of the minors" like performance in the minors automatically translates to success in the majors. Um Frenchie, Heyward, Hanson, and now Swanson all were high draft picks that bombed. Speaking of Swanson, he needs to go back to the minors, end of story. But I have a sneaking suspicion that no one in the Braves Front office wants to own up to their mistakes, so he will continue to languish in the majors. Can we please stop drafting these local guys? They don't pan out, its way too much pressure on them anyway and we probably are ruining some of these guys careers by throwing them into the fire like that and messing up their mental edge. This team sucks and they will suck for a while because I have yet to see team management make a decent baseball move. And as long as we as fans give those clowns passes by not holding their feet to the fire, this team will continue to be a joke.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:10 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,843,946 times
Braves leadership should know the capabilities of their team better than any of us. They are the ones that were expecting 3 Million in attendance this year. They certainly were expecting location to matter.

And while I think how good the team is is a bigger factor, it would be foolish to say that location does not affect attendance. This location is just not the positive impact the Braves were hoping for. In fact, once the newness wears off it will likely turn out to be a negative impact. I expect that any year at STP after this first one will see lower attendance than a comparable ranked year at Turner.

The Braves should have been investing in their team instead of real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta