Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:19 AM

139 posts, read 127,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You have no idea how far out of your league you are here. Newsboy knows exactly what he's talking about.

South Florida is structured totally different than Atlanta. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & West Palm Beach used to be separate markets that hardly had any overlap with each other. The remnants of this is the three papers, nothing more. West Palm is still a separate media market even now, with their own network TV stations.

South Florida has nothing over Atlanta when it comes to media. Period.
Oh yeah? Should I bow down to him?Do Reverence? Out of MY league? Arrogance much? Lol.Does South Florida have 3-4 MAJOR newspapers or not? What he's talking about IS NOT,what this thread was about,period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 05:32 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalWaves View Post
Oh yeah? Should I bow down to him?Do Reverence? Out of MY league? Arrogance much?
Your original post asked why Atlanta has just one major newspaper. Numerous people (other than me) have answered and explained why that is. But since you still aren't convinced, I suggest you go here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...l-Constitution

Print Is Dying, Digital Is No Savior: The Long, Ugly Decline Of The Newspaper Business Continues Apace | WGBH News

"Some correct me if I'm wrong"' you said. We've tried.

Quote:
Does South Florida have 3-4 MAJOR newspapers or not?
Yes.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:35 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Oh yeah? Should I bow down to him?Do Reverence? Out of MY league? Arrogance much? Lol.Does South Florida have 3-4 MAJOR newspapers or not? What he's talking about IS NOT,what this thread was about,period.
Ignorance is bliss...

And it's arrogant much, not arrogance.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:39 AM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
You have no idea how far out of your league you are here. Newsboy knows exactly what he's talking about.

South Florida is structured totally different than Atlanta. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & West Palm Beach used to be separate markets that hardly had any overlap with each other. The remnants of this is the three papers, nothing more. West Palm is still a separate media market even now, with their own network TV stations.

South Florida has nothing over Atlanta when it comes to media. Period.
You and Newsboy are right, JMatl.

In today's world our newspaper situation is not bad at all.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:38 AM

5,003 posts, read 5,979,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
LOS ANGELES: Times, Daily News, Orange County Sentinel, Long Beach Press Telegram
LA also has the Daily Breeze which is for the South Bay Area of LA County and the Valley Tribune for the San Gabriel Valley. Some of these listed might stretch the definition of "major" but they are individually the most or second most read papers in areas with 500,000 to 3,500,000 million people. But many of them are owned by the same company and 80% of the content is the same with 20% local coverage.

BTW it's the OC Register not Sentinel. The Sentinel is a black centric newspaper that is not a major paper.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:57 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,388,881 times
Quote:
No, you're using your political views to discredit a respected professional, while simultaneously trashing the reputation of the freaking Pulitzer Prize. That's pretty damn pathetic, even for you.
I'm willing to judge Luckovich just on the quality of his work. It's crap. Pulitzer lowered its own reputation by giving its award to a mediocre cartoonist.

Quote:
He lost by over 3,000,000 votes. Trump colluding with Russia and the setup of the Electoral College trashed Hillary.

The inner circle will all be indicted by Christmas anyway.
Hillary understood how the election is run. Hillary won by large margins in populous states like California and New York. The Electoral College system sort of evens out the voting.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:56 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post
I'm willing to judge Luckovich just on the quality of his work. It's crap. Pulitzer lowered its own reputation by giving its award to a mediocre cartoonist.
Thankfully, your opinion on this means crap as well.

Quote:
Hillary understood how the election is run. Hillary won by large margins in populous states like California and New York.
She had no way of knowing that Trump and his team willfully colluded with the Russians to throw the election. She also won in large Metros like Atlanta, as well.

Quote:
The Electoral College system sort of evens out the voting.
The Electoral College is an antiquated system from an era when the Country's population was totally different.

The inner circle will all be indicted by Christmas anyway, if not sooner. Fasten your seatbeat, you won't like this ride.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:59 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,460 times
Quote:
Philadelphia,DC,Chicago,Houston,LA,NY of course to name a few major cities,all have several outlets.
Are you talking about the Washington Times and the New York Post?

Old 04-30-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Thankfully, your opinion on this means crap as well.
As well? So you acknowledge Luckovich's work as carp. And anyone's opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

Quote:
She had no way of knowing that Trump and his team willfully colluded with the Russians to throw the election. She also won in large Metros like Atlanta, as well.

The Electoral College is an antiquated system from an era when the Country's population was totally different.
It's ingenious in how it makes the distribution of the vote important.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
krogerDisco has veered yet another thread off topic, so...

Tell it!
Yup, place the blame on me. I didn't inject Luckovich into the conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta