Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 03:11 PM
bu2

24,094 posts, read 14,879,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
No, because the guy is a total vile ass about everything. If you type anything he disagrees with, he calls you a LIAR and an IDIOT and etc. Completely unnecessary BS like that, designed to aggravate people. He's a troll, period.

The fact that he's able to post here means City Data is lacking in moderation.
Frankly, its the people responding to him who are being the most vile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 03:17 PM
bu2

24,094 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
actually besides there's a highier demade for urban living, the metro doesn't have.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ng-really.html

What he said doesn't make sense............Bu wants the good for suburbia with out the bad from it

Bu understand and accepts the bad from cities, but not the suburbs,

So bu is mad transportation planners because suburbia has bad transportation which is manifest and oxymoron thinking suburbia can't have transportation issues. that's not transportation planners fault it's person who decided to live in a place with bad transportation infrastructure with everybody driving.

bu came to his logic but making suburbia perfect and just saying urban is accepting a less pleasant living environment.

But suburbia has fault too accepting the traffic, and commuting is "accepting a less pleasant living environment." to some people.
1) Dawsonville Representative says you can't keep building roads when Atlanta hasn't tried that for 2 decades. Its a thoughtless comment.

2) Planners celebrating (now it is just the author's opinion, not a quote from an actual planner) people having to sell and downsize because the metro can't handle the traffic is not a good thing. A number would have everyone live in an apartment so they could move every time they change jobs, imposing their values on others. A lot of planning ignores the difficulty and expense of moving if you own and/or imagines people stay in the same job for life, which is happening less and less.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:57 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
1) Dawsonville Representative says you can't keep building roads when Atlanta hasn't tried that for 2 decades. Its a thoughtless comment.

2) Planners celebrating (now it is just the author's opinion, not a quote from an actual planner) people having to sell and downsize because the metro can't handle the traffic is not a good thing. A number would have everyone live in an apartment so they could move every time they change jobs, imposing their values on others. A lot of planning ignores the difficulty and expense of moving if you own and/or imagines people stay in the same job for life, which is happening less and less.
Yet when thousands of residents have to be displaced to make way for new freeways in metro Atlanta, it's okay that their lives are disrupted as long as YOUR car commute is shortened. Got it.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:45 PM

194 posts, read 163,186 times
Quote:

Exactly, that rep. used the classic straw man argument. It's used frequently when people need to push an agenda that isn't necessarily gaining traction on its own... you have to vilify the non-existent opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Yet when thousands of residents have to be displaced to make way for new freeways in metro Atlanta, it's okay that their lives are disrupted as long as YOUR car commute is shortened. Got it.

No one said that.

@bu2 is making the logical point that to encourage people to pick up their lives and move to a location that isn't their ideal one is stupid without looking at the cause as to why those people are being forced to move to begin with. That reason being poor planning.

Suburbanites are not the devil and they are not looking to raze urban neighborhoods every chance they get and to make that claim is yet another straw man argument. They are also not the cause for poor planning, rather they are victims of it, just like all residents are victims of poor planning. Quit acting like driving a half hour longer in order to have a yard, good schools, and affordable living is the cause of all things wrong in metro ATL.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times
I think a lot of the planned route for the northern arc has development on it now. I'm sure they could draw up another route, but it would most likely take a circuitous path and cost even more.

Let's face it, another perimeter was a great idea that would have helped alleviate some of the mess, but the GA DOT bungled it and now it's dead.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:15 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
I think a lot of the planned route for the northern arc has development on it now. I'm sure they could draw up another route, but it would most likely take a circuitous path and cost even more.

Let's face it, another perimeter was a great idea that would have helped alleviate some of the mess, but the GA DOT bungled it and now it's dead.
How did GDOT bungle it? By not shoving it down local residents that didn't want it going through their neighborhoods?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:14 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Quote:
not at all, it's a very logical

1. Dawson is an exurb rural country it's so exurban it's north of forsyth county. Metro sprawling into Dawson is negative thing in the first place. Dawson shouldn't getting a lot of development.

2. Metro Atlanta hasn't cause Metro Atlanta can't add roads in the core.... you keep ignoring this. again Metro Atlanta most raze neighborhoods which I'm against or do something spectacular a pricey engineering marvel with tunnels.

Again Phenoix is a grid

because they are a grid they was able confined sprawl.......... because it's more organize this leaves more land to look ahead build roads, freeway and etc.

Atlanta is not a grid and sprawl widly. this greatly limits areas to build roads

Quote:
Your not getting it..... traffic is a factor just like schools and etc are factors

You can't go I want live in a super large house in suburbs and commute far to my job but I don't want traffic.... that does not make sense! It's call life weigh your options.

that's like saying I'm want to smoke but I don't it to effect my health.... or I'm going to eat nothing but candy all day but I don't want my teeth to damage.

Quote:
I'm clearly against razing neighborhoods for freeways

been saying Atlanta need to focus on transit and other options.

Last edited by chiatldal; 05-22-2017 at 07:22 PM..

Old 05-22-2017, 08:15 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,358,427 times
Quote:
Well, there is a little bit of a difference here. In one situation, those displaced are usually bought out...they receive some compensation for their troubles. In the other, life is just made so hard, that they have no choice but to uproot and change. If you listen to some posters, it's actually a positive to make life so difficult or expensive, that people must move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
You can't go I want live in a super large house in suburbs and commute far to my job but I don't want traffic.... that does not make sense! It's call life weigh your options.
Few people say that. Yet, you have a contingency of people on this board who want to take away what is already there before offering up alternatives, in order to push the alternatives.

Quote:
that's like saying I'm want to smoke but I don't it to effect my health.... or I'm going to eat nothing but candy all day but I don't want my teeth to damage.
Actually, most of them just want to have their smoke or candy that they already have, accepting the issues that come with each, but someone comes up and grabs it from them and tells that that they'll have to find another way to get their fix.

Quote:
I'm clearly against razing neighborhoods for freeways

been saying Atlanta need to focus on transit and other options.
What about razing neighborhoods for transit?

Old 05-22-2017, 09:03 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
What about razing neighborhoods for transit?
I am certainly against that too. We should reallocate our existing roads / transportation space to higher capacity transportation options and / or tunnel. Eminent domain should only be used in very limited circumstances.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:12 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHonchoATL View Post
It is a massive lie for a poster who has a long history of distorting the truth with long rambling posts full of falsehoods.

Are you triggered, snowflake?
This coming from a poster who has been permanently banished from this site at least twice after posting under the names of gtcorndog and GregsDaddy and whatever other names you have used to troll and incite under.

The irony of you asking someone else if they are triggered while engaging in name-calling and obsessing over my posts (for whatever odd or creepy or scary reason that you like to do so).

If you don't like the length of mine's or anyone else's posts then don't read them, it's that simple.

But we all know that it is not the length of anyone's posts that you are concerned with. We all know that you just came here to get some much wanted (or unwanted) attention by echoing totally and completely original epithets like "snowflake" (gee, none of us have ever heard that one before, did you come up with that one all by yourself?).

So, let's give gtcorndog, I mean GregsDaddy, I mean MikeHonchoATL the attention that he's craves and acknowledge what an absolute genius he is in returning to this site to get even more attention after being permanently banned at least twice (probably more) and calling someone a "snowflake" (I bet that he worked very, very hard all day and all night to come up with that beauty of an epithet all on his own).

Everybody give a nice loud round of applause for MikeHonchoATL aka GregsDaddy aka gtcorndog for his outstanding originality in coming up with an epithet to get the attention that he so desperately wants and needs!

Good boy, Mike! That's a good boy! We are so proud of you, Mikey! As a reward, I think that we should let Mikey get out of the high chair so that he can finally sit at the kids' table because he is such a big boy now.

I just wonder what will be the next name Mikey chooses to post under when he desperately returns to this site after being permanently banned yet again...

If I was a betting man, I might suggest that we should start some kind of pool (of friendly non-monetary wagers, of course) to see how long "MikeHonchoATL" can stay on this site without being banned yet again for name-calling, trolling and just outright boorish (and oftentimes just downright creepy and obsessive) online behavior.

Sorry, if this post might have come across as "long" and "rambling," but we can't just post everything in pictures and drawings here the way that Mikey likes. We do have to post actual words and thoughts here, too for the people who like to read and constructively comment.

Getting back to the subject at hand, I wonder what Mikey thinks should be done about expanding transportation capacity along the Top End of the I-285 Perimeter?

Does Mikey think that they should go with just the type of maximized roadway expansion proposal (of multiple elevated tolled express lanes on each direction of the roadway) that is being put forward by the State of Georgia?

Does Mikey think that some type of high-capacity transit option should be part of the equation for expanding transportation capacity on the I-285 Top End Perimeter?

Or will Mikey just respond with yet more name-calling and trolling and prove that he cares nothing about having a serious discussion and is only here to get the desperately wanted attention that he is clearly not getting elsewhere in life?

I guess that it is Mikey's choice whether or not he wants to be taken seriously as a poster on this site, or wants to continue to be regarded as some sad clown show who has yet to realize that the party is over and has been over for awhile now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta