Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times

Advertisements

I use to live in Atlanta but i lived there only for about 2 years and in a few cities, usually outskirts, and decatur..not the post perferrable area of decatur.

I was wondering if y'all could help me with some location tips for a safe apartment. I'm moving back there eventrually for school.

I'm looking at 1 bed 1 bath apartments in the $700 - $800 range [i know usually you have to pay more for a better neighborhood] that's around north atlanta. Anywhere a decent drive to laweranceville [im still choosing schools, cosmetology, and theres a school there that seems nice]

So could anyone steer me towards some cities where apartments dont cost an arm and leg, but i wont feel like im gonna get hurt or invaded in anyway.

and any opinions on Dunwoody Club Apartments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 08:55 AM

23,373 posts, read 43,846,775 times
I would think that Dunwoody is by and large safe, but would be quite a commute to Lawrenceville. I would avoid apts in northern Gwinnett County...the area has seen a lot of decline over the last few years. An exception is the Peachtree Corners area (east of Holcomb Bridge Rd.).

Old 03-13-2008, 09:05 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,796,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treelessbark View Post
and any opinions on Dunwoody Club Apartments?
Well, if you look them up on the apartmentratings web site then here's what you get: LINK.

Not a great review. Keep in mind on that site that people will tend to take the time to complain over compliment, so if a place gets higher than a 55-60% approval rating then it may still be a decent place. But Dunwoody Club has 108 reviews and is only in the very low 30% approval rating, so read the comments carefully and see if there seems to be common problems that everyone seems to have. You can look up other complexes by name on that site as well.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,422,564 times
Would you consider eastern Gwinnett county?

I've read some posts about Snellville/Loganville/Winder/the area around 316 -headed to Athens--that seems to be growing and safe, etc.

The apartments along Peachtree Industrial have had 'problems' recently--so you might have to look beyond this area/close to Peachtree Corners.

bhs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta