Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 08:54 PM

45 posts, read 42,169 times

Advertisements

You think it's hard now...wait until your 30s. Others have given you some good ideas. I'd say get involved with groups of people who have similar interests to you. If you like baseball maybe go with a couple of coworkers to a Braves game and chat people up there? Not sure if you like church but the Buckhead church does alot of activities for singles in the fall and spring. I'd say focus on getting involved with something related to your interests then you will naturally meet people that way.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:02 PM

2,018 posts, read 1,310,086 times
Is it possible that you have been seen drinking a Pepsi?

Old 07-09-2017, 10:50 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,361,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decorum ross View Post
I graduated college a couple years ago and moved to Austin, TX for work where I had no troubles making friends with neighbors in my apartment in a younger part of town as well as chatting up strangers at a bar to talk to.

Moved to Atlanta like 6 months ago and got an apartment in Buckhead since I heard that was the place to be in your 20s. I've had a tough time really making any new friends outside of awesome coworkers who hang out with me.

The few times I have tried to chat up a guy at a gym to spot me or some people at bars, I've been told to more or less modcut off.

I love my coworkers and all but I am used to having large social circles so I am wondering, could I be a bad fit for the A town or is it just tough to make new friends here?

Is being in Buckhead playing a role?
Your post looks very fsmilar. I think I actually responded to it that I can relate but forgot to actually provide u more info. If u really did just join today then maybe you can find the person who wrote this same article because I tell you, it is almost word for word.

my first advice is meetup.com. Look for interests and start joining groups. You might find people u like and eventually if u keep hanging with them, might exchange numbers. I find the people here to be very fake but i am still putting myself out there to make quality friends so dont give up.

Let me know. You can send me a p.m. if you want.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:53 PM

3,707 posts, read 5,981,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decorum ross View Post
Well, so far I find that I am having a tough time making friends with most people in their 20s that go to the same sorts of SEC schools and stay with that kind of a network for as long as possible. What worked for me in Austin sure as heck isn't working in the ATL but I will keep you guys posted!
Yep, sounds like Buckhead!

Old 07-09-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Your post looks very fsmilar. I think I actually responded to it that I can relate but forgot to actually provide u more info. If u really did just join today then maybe you can find the person who wrote this same article because I tell you, it is almost word for word.

my first advice is meetup.com. Look for interests and start joining groups. You might find people u like and eventually if u keep hanging with them, might exchange numbers. I find the people here to be very fake but i am still putting myself out there to make quality friends so dont give up.

Let me know. You can send me a p.m. if you want.

What kind of things do you like to do for fun? Maybe I can find you a group.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2atl View Post
Man, some of y'all sure are harsh. Anyway, I'd say follow your hobbies and
interests and keep being friendly. Atlanta is full of different niches, you'll find yours. Buckhead isn't very Austin-like, but I don't know what you're into.

Thank you for being considerate and staying positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: