Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 12:42 PM

3,999 posts, read 4,123,968 times

Advertisements

Oh... I LOVE wooden coasters..... While the Beast (Kings Island) is still probably my fav... it's sad that SFOG gets beat even with small parks like Holiday World in little Santa Claus, Indiana which has 3 of the best woodies in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 01:34 PM

376 posts, read 328,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Incidentally....we've also been severely outclassed by Carowinds with its gigacoaster, Fury 325.
Yeah, Carowinds is a CedarFair park.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,208,145 times
I've got to go to Cedar Point, that place looks incredible. But I hate lines. The only way SFOG works for me is the week or two before school gets out when it is open during the week. Wonder if there is a optimal time to make the trip to Ohio...

Guess I'm at least going to need to take a trip to Carowinds now that I know the Cedar Point folks run the show

Old 07-18-2017, 01:50 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,984,748 times
I went to Cedar Point years ago. I selected late September/early October (can't remember which) for the cooler temps and shorter wait times. I don't recall any really long waits, I even got to ride the front car of the then-brand new Millenium Force a couple of times.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:59 PM

Nice, might have to follow that plan. Or just save up and go VIP. Unlimited front of the line access... for the low low cost of $465 PP! - https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/vip-tours

Is Carowinds worth the drive?

Old 07-18-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I've got to go to Cedar Point, that place looks incredible. But I hate lines. The only way SFOG works for me is the week or two before school gets out when it is open during the week. Wonder if there is a optimal time to make the trip to Ohio...

Guess I'm at least going to need to take a trip to Carowinds now that I know the Cedar Point folks run the show
From my experience if you go in May at the beginning of the season the lines are tolerable. Its great to stay inside the park at the Breakers, easy to walk over to the park right when it opens ride some rides while the lines are short then go back to the hotel in the afternoon and chill then walk back over to the park in the evening.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:20 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,729,238 times
Quote:
Yeah, that would be pretty awesome, but I would imagine they would need to redesign a significant portion of the ride.

Deja VU was completely awesome, very disorienting. Sad to see that one go. A more simplistic one I really miss, The Viper. No line, super fast, lots of fun.

Love there are so many coaster nerds on C-D!
Cedar Point was awesome, loved all the coasters.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:46 PM

561 posts, read 776,166 times
Growing up in Detroit and then living in Cleveland for a short period, being able to go to Cedar Point whenever I want to was one of the highlights of my life. I could get there in about an hour back then.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelinMan View Post
From my experience if you go in May at the beginning of the season the lines are tolerable. Its great to stay inside the park at the Breakers, easy to walk over to the park right when it opens ride some rides while the lines are short then go back to the hotel in the afternoon and chill then walk back over to the park in the evening.
Oh nice, it would be awesome to spend the night on the most fun peninsula in the US. Cedar Point sounds so much better than Disney. Top Thrill Dragster looks insane to the point I almost don't want to do it...but I would have to. The POV videos looks so intense.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Oh nice, it would be awesome to spend the night on the most fun peninsula in the US. Cedar Point sounds so much better than Disney. Top Thrill Dragster looks insane to the point I almost don't want to do it...but I would have to. The POV videos looks so intense.
Sadly we didnt get to do the Top Thrill Dragster last trip up there two years ago but riding in the front row of Gatekeeper was the biggest rush ever - it really does give the feeling that you are flying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta