Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:40 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
Highland Park Village in Dallas is always busy and has high end stores such as Hermes and Chanel but it also has Anthopologie, Draper James, a charity gift shop and a movie theater along with a variety of restaurants at all price points from Starbucks and Bird Bakery to more expensive non-chain places. It's also in a neighborhood so very walkable.
There's even a small grocery store: https://www.royalbluegrocery.com/loc...village-dallas

Last edited by R1070; 08-20-2017 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 04:55 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
There's even a small grocery store: https://www.royalbluegrocery.com/loc...village-dallas

It really functions as the town center for that enclave.
I really think that in terms of serving its' immediate community, it does as good a job as any shopping district in the US. English Village in Mountain Brook, AL and Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL rank as its' peers IMO.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:11 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,501,315 times
What I took away is that these closings were a result of poor management rather than flat sales.

But that said, this is still a relatively new development and, like most new luxury developments, takes a while to establish its footprint.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:52 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I really think that in terms of serving its' immediate community, it does as good a job as any shopping district in the US. English Village in Mountain Brook, AL and Park Avenue in Winter Park, FL rank as its' peers IMO.
Perhaps peers in terms of function, but not in terms of level of quality of offerings and historical significance/architecture.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:17 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Perhaps peers in terms of function, but not in terms of level of quality of offerings and historical significance/architecture.
Yes, HPV has a larger footprint and serves a larger community. But I consider all of them success stories.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:48 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Nothing to draw me there: over priced fake Steak and Shake and mini Neiman-Marcus-ish boutiques. Even some extremely well off people I know aren't into that kind of scene (many people with tons of cash don't feel like they have to blow it all to be "seen"; they are MUCH more laid back than that. They buy "Nice", high quality things, not necessarily "luxury goods". Really rich people often don't feel like they have anything to prove I always have felt and observed. Just my "two cents worth" There really is a reason that a large Metro like Atlanta has only one Neiman-Marcus/ Saks Fifth Avenue, etc. Both of those retailers provey luxury goods and have been around for years. If there had been a "pent up" demand, I am certain that both would had expanded with even a "junior anchor" in one of the affluent northern suburbs by now, food for thought, only
I beg to differ with you on the "fake Steak-n-Shake." There's nothing fake about Shake Shack; it is it's own entity. It started in New York City with a cult following that continues in other cities across the country. The quality of Shake Shack far exceeds that of Steak-n-Shake, and I actually enjoy both. But I personally called the farm in Kansas where Shake Shack sources the majority of their beef, and had a 30 minute conversation to find out more about where my food was coming from. By the time I hung up, I had complete confidence in their product. The owner actually started with upscale, pricier sit down restaurants in NYC, and then branched out to fast food. If you don't prefer it that's fine, but fake? It is NOT.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:56 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,007 times
Price point to price point I will take Steak and Shake ANY DAY; lets call it an "over-priced" Steak and Shake. I actually prefer Steak and Shake's milkshakes, never had their burgers (Shake Shack), too expensive for my budget. I felt compelled to try their shakes because of all the hype; I felt VERY disappointed. To each their own, I suppose. ;0)

Old 08-20-2017, 08:16 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
I'm not sure HOW this is relevant, but I just know deep down that it somehow is: Popular metro Atlanta Steak

Old 08-20-2017, 08:20 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,007 times
;0) Never been to THAT location, LOL. What a blessing!

Old 08-20-2017, 08:42 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
If Buckhead Atlanta wants to move forward, I suggest the following:

1. Change the name - Buckhead Atlanta sounds pretentious and redundant. How about going back to Buckhead Village? Or Irby Place, in honor of Buckhead's founder? There are a hundred names more suitable than the current one.

2. Don't "Overbrand" - Saddling it with a "mallish" or "town center" name makes it sound like such, and contrived to boot. Let it develop organically, like other high-end retail destinations such as Worth Avenue, Rodeo Drive, Highland Park Village, Madison and Fifth Avenues, Boylston Street or Union Square.

3. Look to London! - The hottest retailers in the world are there right now. Bringing in a Selfridge's, Dover Street Market, Liberty or Fortnum & Mason would be a major coup de grace.
Love this. Love people with vision.

Sounds like a plan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta