Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 05:13 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
That's quite the conspiracy theory.

We live in a state where the legislature does boneheaded, regressive things every year (or tries to... or threatens to...) so we should expect protesters, not dismiss those upset about the state. That's a very entitled view.
Your home State acts the same way every year in Harrisburg, but they get a pass? That's pure BS, and over the top entitlement.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:16 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Atlanta doesn't make the laws, though. And the corporations here don't make the laws, either. Bible thumpin' McKoon makes the laws.

Amazon's senator would be David Perdue. I mean, enough said.

We don't really deserve Amazon, as a state. Would be nice to be pleasantly surprised, but I am not keeping my hopes up.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:38 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
That's quite the conspiracy theory.

We live in a state where the legislature does boneheaded, regressive things every year (or tries to... or threatens to...) so we should expect protesters, not dismiss those upset about the state. That's a very entitled view.
Well since they included Pennsylvania as a "bad" state but made an exception for Pittsburg and Philadelphia, it doesn't take much creativity to find a plot to promote certain areas at the expense of others.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:39 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Atlanta doesn't make the laws, though. And the corporations here don't make the laws, either. Bible thumpin' McKoon makes the laws.

We don't really deserve Amazon, as a state. Would be nice to be pleasantly surprised, but I am not keeping my hopes up.
There's a good argument that the winner of this sweepstakes will be the biggest loser. From that perspective, Atlanta doesn't deserve Amazon.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:25 PM

198 posts, read 148,923 times
Quote:

Who deserves it? How can you represent the entire state and say that a state doesn't deserve something? Do horses deserve grass to eat? Do fish deserve water?

Old 02-01-2018, 06:35 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehd View Post
Who deserves it? How can you represent the entire state and say that a state doesn't deserve something? Do horses deserve grass to eat? Do fish deserve water?
Fish deserve water. States that vote some of these clowns that represent us into office, deserve for progressive west coast expanding tech companies to see somewhere else as a better fit.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:46 PM

198 posts, read 148,923 times
Quote:
Fish deserve water. States that vote some of these clowns that represent us into office, deserve for progressive west coast expanding tech companies to see somewhere else as a better fit.
So California should get it even though they have a law that states that that you can only throw a frisbee at the beach in LA County if you get the lifeguards permission? So Northern Va shouldn't get it either because they have a state law that states that single people cant have sex?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:20 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
Your home State acts the same way every year in Harrisburg, but they get a pass? That's pure BS, and over the top entitlement.
I live here and have been here for decades, so your attempt to deflect is just silly.

Are you seriously denying how f'd up the GA legislature is? If we were comparing to say, Indiana, you would have a point, or other Southern states that have been aggressive in fighting culture wars, but several states in the remaining bids are not on the same level as Georgia or Texas in terms of pushing the regressive cultural crap.

Last edited by JoeP; 02-01-2018 at 08:32 PM..

Old 02-01-2018, 08:33 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,752,224 times
Quote:
I live here and have been here for decades, so your attempt to deflect is just silly.

Are you seriously denying how f'd up the GA legislature is? If we were comparing to say, Indiana, you would have a point, or other Southern states that have been aggressive in fighting culture wars, but several states in the remaining bids are not on the same level as Georgia or Texas in terms of pushing the regressive cultural crap.
What state has great legislature?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:36 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
What state has great legislature?

Was there a question about a "great legislature?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta