Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 06:18 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,042,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
what kind of society is this, where we see people with mental disorders and cognitive deficiencies who have been abandoned by our society and left out in the street, people who have been screwed over by the economy and are on their last leg trying to make cash in any way they can... and our first thoughts are not "how can i help?", but instead, "these people are inconveniencing me and making the inanimate objects around me look dirty, how do we get rid of them?"
Because it's almost impossible to help people with mental disorders when they are non-compliant with their medications. That's how people end up at Pine Street, or even in shelters in general....they've been kicked out of the social safety net system. And they have been kicked out because they refuse to stay off drugs and/or refuse to take the medications that keep their mental illnesses in check. This is what my social worker friends tell me. So after a while, you just sort of stop feeling sorry for them. Ask a social worker if you know one...they can't stand these people.

Anyway, O4W is disgusting. I had to work there for a few years. It seemed ok, but one day I left my computer at the office and went back at 11pm to retrieve it. I couldn't believe how creepy the area became at night. And there was also some convenience store on Irwin I would buy candy and Cokes at occasionally. Until I got a Diet Pepsi that was like 6 months expired from the cooler. How does that even happen? Those things last like 8 months!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 10:09 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,745,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
And there was also some convenience store on Irwin I would buy candy and Cokes at occasionally. Until I got a Diet Pepsi that was like 6 months expired from the cooler. How does that even happen? Those things last like 8 months!!!!
Man, you got bamboozled on that one, ATLTJL. They should refund your money.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,042,559 times
Quote:
Man, you got bamboozled on that one, ATLTJL. They should refund your money.
If you saw the guy behind the counter, you wouldn't even ask!

BTW, I forgot to mention...I also saw drug deals there so obvious it looked like they came right out of the movies. The drop, the handshake, the pick-up....all so stereotypical, they may as well have just passed the drugs and money out in the open.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:08 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,865,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
If you saw the guy behind the counter, you wouldn't even ask!

BTW, I forgot to mention...I also saw drug deals there so obvious it looked like they came right out of the movies. The drop, the handshake, the pick-up....all so stereotypical, they may as well have just passed the drugs and money out in the open.
i'm pretty sure arjay was being sarcastic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta