Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 08:02 AM

654 posts, read 526,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Please tell me how cutting Ryan would benefit the team.
Please tell me how keeping Matt Ryan would benefit the team.

We have a $90 million dollar offense and were up against one of the worst D in the league. Seven points. So yea, I am going to rub salt in your wounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 08:32 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCM View Post
Please tell me how keeping Matt Ryan would benefit the team.

We have a $90 million dollar offense and were up against one of the worst D in the league. Seven points. So yea, I am going to rub salt in your wounds.
So you think Ryan is the main reason our offense has had problems this season and not the garbage playcalling by our idiot offensive coordinator that called a friggin' jet-sweep on 4th and 1 at the goal line.

But let's go ahead and cut him without ID'ing a viable replacement. That'll go so well.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:25 AM

654 posts, read 526,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
So you think Ryan is the main reason our offense has had problems this season and not the garbage playcalling by our idiot offensive coordinator that called a friggin' jet-sweep on 4th and 1 at the goal line.

But let's go ahead and cut him without ID'ing a viable replacement. That'll go so well.
Its always the play calling...or the line...or the lack of weapons...but noooooooooo, it's never Ice Pick Ryans fault. No one has ever looked so calm and collected while throwing drive killing interceptions.

$100 million QBs don't get judged on stats. They get judged on winning. You cannot pay ryan 1/6 of the teams ENTIRE cap space and not demamd results. How the heck are you supposed to build a denfense when you have $90 million per year tied up in offense?

Old 10-23-2017, 11:18 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,233 times
Common sense should tell you it's the offensive coordinator. I mean, they hired Steve Sarkisian that couldn't even produce offense at Alabama with all the talent they have just as he can't with the falcons.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:36 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
The Falcons, this season is over. Im ready for next year. All they talked about yesterday during broadcast was 28-3. I had to turn it off when the score was 14-0. Draft a new QB.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:41 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
The Falcons, this season is over.
Because we're 3-3? Huh?

Old 10-23-2017, 11:47 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Because we're 3-3? Huh?
Yea man & it could have been 2-4 they lucked up in Detriot. This team is tired. Arthur Blank deserves better and so does Atlanta as a city. 1966 was 51 yrs ago. this team.

Last edited by 0nyxStation; 10-23-2017 at 12:03 PM..

Old 10-23-2017, 12:05 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,749,903 times
I'm was born In Jacksonville and moved to Georgia when I was 1 year old so I'm jumping on the Jaquars bandwagon

Old 10-23-2017, 12:35 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Because we're 3-3? Huh?
Sadly, this team is comatose right now. All that talk about starting over is just that, talk. How does a team drop two at home with one coming off of a bye week? How does everyone other QB light up the Patriots secondary with less but our MVP and his many weapons go out without a fight? Isn't this supposed to be Matt Ryan's contract year? They can still turn it around but they aren't doing ready. I defend Ryan regularly but he may play himself out of Atlanta if he keeps it up. An arbitration like process would not be in his favor.

Also, Shanahan was gone regardless but Matt LaFleur was the next best option at OC and ATL messed that up too. Anyway, life's too short to be that worked up over other guys getting paid more than us to not do their job correctly.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:43 PM

306 posts, read 327,903 times
I love how everyone blames Matt Ryan. What about the superstar wide receivers who aren't making catches? It's not Matt Ryan, it's the lousy new offensive coordinator. These plays he is calling are college plays, come on now, this aint college Coach Quinn, wake the heck up man! Another problem is the team doesn't seem to respect Quinn, or really he just lets them do whatever they want. The millenial attitude basically, he doesn't want to hurt their feelings putting them on the bench so he blows off any stupid penalties they make. Like lets see, Jarrett who had that obvious late hit on Cutler where the Dolphins then got a touchdown on the next play which was a big turning point. Same with this game, another defensive player did the exact same thing and what did the Patriots do on the next play? Score a dang TD! Coach needs to discipline these goons, bench it is what I would do if I was coach, but no he doesn't want to hurt their little feelings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta