Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:40 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times

Advertisements

First, let me mention that the constitution makes peaceful protest legal. As a Marine, I may not agree with how people use that freedom of speech, but having and serving the right to have the constitution of this nation made my service every bit worth the sacrifice despite the utilization of that freedom. I also think the condition of a person's heart should come before a flag, patriotism, and country. I believe each human on the Earth and not just every American is worthy of respect.

I think the President miss a powerful moment to yes identify the fatherless crisis in black families, especially here in Atlanta and Nationally. However individual offices like the presidency should be used with its dignity and thoughtful speech. For example a more reconciliatory statement like, yes I know NFL protest is a constitutional right; furthermore, we must find a way to address the proper use of authority and equal treatment of all US Citizens. One thing that we can immediately do is discuss how we can help strengthen the family unity, which is the origin of all authority and respect.

I applaud Arthur Blanks statement. Unfortunately, this is message should have never had to come from an NFL owner. I hope this starts an honest dialogue and not more division.

http://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2...ment-on-trump/

Last edited by Atlwarrior; 09-24-2017 at 02:48 AM..

Old 09-24-2017, 06:00 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Thank you for your service, Atlwarrior.

Arthur Blank's statement is another reason that Atlanta should be proud of the Falcons.

Here is the City-Data thread about the NFL / Trump situation at a broader level should anyone want to discuss it (broader than just Atlanta).

Old 09-24-2017, 07:07 AM
bu2

24,092 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
First, let me mention that the constitution makes peaceful protest legal. As a Marine, I may not agree with how people use that freedom of speech, but having and serving the right to have the constitution of this nation made my service every bit worth the sacrifice despite the utilization of that freedom. I also think the condition of a person's heart should come before a flag, patriotism, and country. I believe each human on the Earth and not just every American is worthy of respect.

I think the President miss a powerful moment to yes identify the fatherless crisis in black families, especially here in Atlanta and Nationally. However individual offices like the presidency should be used with its dignity and thoughtful speech. For example a more reconciliatory statement like, yes I know NFL protest is a constitutional right; furthermore, we must find a way to address the proper use of authority and equal treatment of all US Citizens. One thing that we can immediately do is discuss how we can help strengthen the family unity, which is the origin of all authority and respect.

I applaud Arthur Blanks statement. Unfortunately, this is message should have never had to come from an NFL owner. I hope this starts an honest dialogue and not more division.

Arthur Blank, Falcons issue statement on Trump | Falcons Wire
The protest is not a constitutional right. If they did it on their own time when they weren't in uniform, it would be a constitutional right. As it is, they are dragging politics into entertainment and degrading the quality of the entertainment. Most people following sports don't want to hear about strikes with millionaires arguing with billionaires or about politics. It should be about the game.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:33 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The protest is not a constitutional right. If they did it on their own time when they weren't in uniform, it would be a constitutional right. As it is, they are dragging politics into entertainment and degrading the quality of the entertainment. Most people following sports don't want to hear about strikes with millionaires arguing with billionaires or about politics. It should be about the game.
bu2 - On this point I must respectfully disagree with you. Those guys didn’t leave their constitutional rights in the locker room when they donned their uniforms.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:42 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Great debate posts, please make sure you post about the larger issue in the link I provided above and remember that this thread is for Atlanta related posts only.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:10 AM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
They have the right to protest. Whether they do so at work is between them and their employer and in this case the employer is okay with it.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:00 AM

16,700 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post

Arthur Blank, Falcons issue statement on Trump | Falcons Wire
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...al-anthem.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...football-tips/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...ory/697764001/

Old 09-24-2017, 09:01 AM

16,700 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
bu2 - On this point I must respectfully disagree with you. Those guys didn’t leave their constitutional rights in the locker room when they donned their uniforms.
This.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:03 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
Im not a falcons fan but I may actually go to a game now.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:13 AM

251 posts, read 257,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The Falcons owner joins a number of others in speaking out in support of the protesting players. For fans that don't like this, Trump has said fans should boycott the NFL. Good luck with that. People talk big about this but would never miss a game over it. The players and owners know this. If anything the attention has brought in viewers who might not normally follow football.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/4...-protests/amp/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: