Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2021, 09:56 AM

1,005 posts, read 728,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I'm hoping for the best for Lenox. That mall brings back alot of memories and it's very sad hearing about its current condition. Lenox can't survive if these events remain ongoing without lapse as it will tear too heavily into their customer base and Malls are pretty fragile as is in this day where e-commerce has a stronghold over the market.
Having made a quick visit on a Saturday, Lenox's parking lots are still well stuffed with cars and people who don't look left or right when crossing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I'm hoping for the best for Lenox. That mall brings back alot of memories and it's very sad hearing about its current condition. Lenox can't survive if these events remain ongoing without lapse as it will tear too heavily into their customer base and Malls are pretty fragile as is in this day where e-commerce has a stronghold over the market.
Good memories indeed. I came of age in the early 1990s when Buckhead was at its peak... a few years before and after the Olympics.

Old 10-22-2021, 07:33 PM

254 posts, read 131,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpf_taxed View Post
Good memories indeed. I came of age in the early 1990s when Buckhead was at its peak... a few years before and after the Olympics.
Lenox is also a place "to be seen" if you will in Atlanta. There's a cache still around for this particular mall. Clearly...the headlines about Lenox Mall crime have been national news. I don't get the feeling this problem is unfixable. But as someone who lives outside of Buckhead, I would like to say, "Glad you could make it to the party. The rest of us have been here for a while."

Crime is up everywhere across the country. It should be a joint effort to address it, united for the good of the city of Atlanta and the Atlanta Spirit. But...

We see you. We will remember. You ain't the only good gig in the metro anymore... lotta options out there today. Just sayin'.

Last edited by AtlantaRising; 10-22-2021 at 07:50 PM..

Old 11-30-2021, 09:54 PM

1,005 posts, read 728,458 times
Well, I got who I voted for! I've never been 2/2 in an Atlanta election. Feels good. I mean, of course, corruption runs in the very fiber of many in this city so I'll still watch if these elected apples spoil.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:24 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,992,349 times
Default Switching from ATT to Verizon-bad idea?

Thinking of switching from ATT to Verizon for cellular bc of current deals going on. Does anyone use Verizon and could tell me about the coverage?

Old 12-03-2021, 06:39 AM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
Thinking of switching from ATT to Verizon for cellular bc of current deals going on. Does anyone use Verizon and could tell me about the coverage?
I recently went the other way after 15 years with Verizon. I never had problems with Verizon anywhere in this country until I moved to the Ocala, Florida area. The coverage was so spotty with calls dropping, or if the phone worked the people I was calling could not hear me. Evidently Verizon never bothered to do something about the signal problems in the region of Florida. So I would ask other people in Ocala that had Verizon how their experience was. Some had problems some did not. So I changed to AT&T as people recommended them for this area. So far I have not had signal problems with AT&T and I got a $250 credit for signing on with them. If it wasn't for the signal problems with Verizon I would have just stayed with them. Although calling Verizon is terrible. One can find themselves on hold for ridiculous amounts of time.

Old 12-03-2021, 07:45 AM

1,150 posts, read 614,003 times
I feel like several years back, Verizon had better coverage. I switched from ATT to Verizon about 2 years ago and have been disappointed.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:46 AM

403 posts, read 619,041 times
Probably a toss-up in Atlanta.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:23 AM

11,777 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Verizon used to have the better network and attenuation through solid surfaces such as buildings but that may have changed. AT&T has been very reliable almost anywhere in the country for me with the exception of areas where no one else could get service. I personally think in terms of service it would just be a lateral move. Keep is mind that Verizon is also CDMA meaning you can’t bring your AT&T phone into their network.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:35 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,855,678 times
I have both a personal phone on ATT and a work phone on Verizon. My home gets lousy coverage with ATT, but the Verizon coverage is strong. And in my experience with being in various spots around GA, I've often had to rely on the Verizon phone when the ATT gets no service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta