Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 02:39 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times

Advertisements

I finally have most of my COVID-19 supplies.

My sanitizing wipes arrived today, while I received a ton of hand sanitizer at the beginning of the month to last me a long time. Also, I was finally able to order more Disinfectant Spray today, while I ordered N95 masks from China that arrived last week.

It's been pure hell trying to get this stuff though, especially the wipes and spray. Walmart's been re-stocking them frequently, but if you're not diligently refreshing their page ready to pounce, they sell out immediately.

Only thing I need to do now is replenish my supply of nitrile gloves.

BTW, when I do go out, I only do so when stores first open or when they're getting ready to close. I have zero time and patience for stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 02:58 PM

11,801 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post

My sanitizing wipes arrived today, while I received a ton of hand sanitizer at the beginning of the month to last me a long time. Also, I was finally able to order more Disinfectant Spray today, while I ordered N95 masks from China that arrived last week.

It's been pure hell trying to get this stuff though, especially the wipes and spray. Walmart's been re-stocking them frequently, but if you're not diligently watching their page waiting to pounce, they sell out immediately.

BTW, when I do go out, I only do so when stores first open or when they're getting ready to close. I have zero time and patience for stupid.
For what it's worth, QuickTrips have been providing Hand Sanitizer at checkout... Well.. the lesser congested ones have atleast. That's where I've been getting mine. I basically had someone make me a mask for $8 per mask on NextDoor.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:03 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
For what it's worth, QuickTrips have been providing Hand Sanitizer at checkout... Well.. the lesser congested ones have atleast. That's where I've been getting mine. I basically had someone make me a mask for $8 per mask on NextDoor.
I didn't know there was such a thing as a lesser congested QuikTrip.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I didn't know there was such a thing as a lesser congested QuikTrip.
They're starting to build them in Austin and they're not as crowded as the ones in Atlanta yet.... It may be worth the 1,000 mile drive to drop by for some hand sanitizer

I'm heading back tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately my closing plans fell through but I'm hoping my client makes it through without dieing. Probably coming back in June.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:00 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Now my client just came down with the virus and is now hospitalized. I came down here to sell him a property, he had physical contact with the attorney I mentioned before. I've been doing everything remote so I havent physically seen him but I lost contact with him 2 days prior to closing then on closing day (we missed it) I recieved a call from a relative of his telling me he was in the hospital due to Covid-19 and is trying to switch power of attorney. He's on a ventilator right now.

This virus isnt a joke. I wish people would take this a bit more seriously.
Wow. I agree with the precautions. I understand people want to be out and about, but use some common sense. I don’t wear a mask outdoors, but indoors outside of my home I do. I went to a sporting good store and I was one of the few people with a mask. I estimate maybe 10 to 20% wore them.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:04 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:

It's been pure hell trying to get this stuff though, especially the wipes and spray. Walmart's been re-stocking them frequently, but if you're not diligently refreshing their page ready to pounce, they sell out immediately.

Maybe look into a good uv light. I understand you can sanitize things with it. I saw a doctor on YouTube showing a box lined with foil to reflect the up light he put inside of it. He was using it to sterilize the masks. Be careful with it though, it can be hazardous if used improperly.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Wow. I agree with the precautions. I understand people want to be out and about, but use some common sense. I don’t wear a mask outdoors, but indoors outside of my home I do. I went to a sporting good store and I was one of the few people with a mask. I estimate maybe 10 to 20% wore them.
I went into Sprouts and most people in there were wearing them. I drove through Avalon (didnt get out my car) and also decided to chew some time away in Dahlonega and Helen, almost noone in those areas were wearing them and they were socially congregating like it was a normal day. Helen is beautiful though. I havent seen it in some time. I wanted to get out and do more than just drive through it but I didnt feel safe about doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Maybe look into a good uv light. I understand you can sanitize things with it. I saw a doctor on YouTube showing a box lined with foil to reflect the up light he put inside of it. He was using it to sterilize the masks. Be careful with it though, it can be hazardous if used improperly.
I use fabric masks, dish soap, and hot water... then hang it for a night to dry.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:45 PM

1,005 posts, read 729,357 times
Because of reports of a second wave for COVID, I went ahead and took an antibodies test since I never experienced any COVID symptoms while sheltering in place. For anyone interested, it seems that a number of companies have a two-tiered process, which is just scheduling it a day in advance after confirming personal information. I went through LabCorp, and there was no wait and the $10 cost is covered by most insurances. I received my negative confirmation literally within 24 hours. With everything going on, I wanted to add social distancing activities to my day so I can have some sanity in friends's company and wanted to do so responsibly.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:38 PM

And another trip completed:

Old 06-06-2020, 09:40 PM

Default Someone broke into my car.

Came back to finally finish up some business after things reopened. Checked in my hotel then went out to finally eat after a 16 hour drive and came back out to find this...

They stuffed the window under the car hoping I wouldnt notice too.

Anyway I'm waiting on Gwinnett County PD now. Unfortunately businesses nearby had no cameras.

Now I'm also stuck here until I can get the glass repaired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta