Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2020, 03:14 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times

Advertisements

Sorry Camero. That sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 03:29 PM

11,801 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Sorry Camero. That sucks.
Yeah. I didn't have anything important inside except my key fobs to my other cars. I usually take them with me so in the event my house gets broke into while I'm out of town, they wont beable to drive off with my other cars. Gwinnett PD told me they had an outbreak of these occurrences where they leave what's left of the window under the car. My guess is they are looking for weapons, especially given the outbreak of rioting.

I gatta find a way to replace those fobs though since I'm now locked out of my other vehicles.

I had the window replaced today however

I'm alittle worried about my house however because they also have my house key is attached to that ring, despite it being 1,000 miles away I cant help but wonder if they would really try to attempt something like that given they may have my address due to my insurance and registration.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 06-07-2020 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-07-2020, 07:51 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Came back to finally finish up some business after things reopened. Checked in my hotel then went out to finally eat after a 16 hour drive and came back out to find this...

They stuffed the window under the car hoping I wouldnt notice too.

Anyway I'm waiting on Gwinnett County PD now. Unfortunately businesses nearby had no cameras.

Now I'm also stuck here until I can get the glass repaired.
Oh, man. So sorry you had to deal with this.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:24 PM

11,801 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Oh, man. So sorry you had to deal with this.
Its repaired atleast, I was worried about it raining. The police told me they have seen a spike in these kinds of break ins. My guess is because the sudden unemployment spike some people are getting desperate.

It isnt the first time someone entered my car but it is the first time someone broke into it. In Austin someone entered it infront of my house at night while I was asleep because I forgot to lock the doors. I intended to go somewhere but changed my mind and forgot to lock it up so someone entered it and rifled through it leaving all my glove box papers all over the seat... same happened here except they also left glass.

I'm hoping I dont have to worry about the missing keys issue since they have my address given my registration and insurance was in the glovebox, I mean I dont see anyone traveling 1,000 miles but I'm unsure.

One thing I got lucky on, my wheel locks were in my glovebox. If they had been motivated enough they could have left it on bricks then I'd really be in trouble.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Its repaired atleast, I was worried about it raining. The police told me they have seen a spike in these kinds of break ins. My guess is because the sudden unemployment spike some people are getting desperate.
It's summer time. Kids are out. Breaks ins always go up in the summer time. Most people don't lock their weapons up in their cars so they are an easy target for the black market.

Either way, glad you got your car fixed. Depending on your other cars, you may need the master key code number to get new keys cut for them.

Old 06-08-2020, 02:59 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,517,459 times
The modern security systems on automobiles are setup where when you get new keys cut, the electronic codes must be reset. This usually is done by a dealership or a locksmith.

And if you lost your key FOB's, you should call a locksmith to get new keys and/or key FOB's right away. They may charge you an $89 service fee, but it's got to be done.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:16 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
It's summer time. Kids are out. Breaks ins always go up in the summer time.
I understand kids are out of school in summer and can therefore get bored, but it's sad that they they turn to smashing in car windows.

Back in the day we mowed lawns, played baseball and rode bikes. We even had a canasta club to stay out of the heat when it got boiling hot. In days of yore, teachers also required you to do a summer reading plan and turn in your list when school got back in session.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:24 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I understand kids are out of school in summer and can therefore get bored, but it's sad that they they turn to smashing in car windows.

Back in the day we mowed lawns, played baseball and rode bikes. We even had a canasta club to stay out of the heat when it got boiling hot. In days of yore, teachers also required you to do a summer reading plan and turn in your list when school got back in session.
It also requires parenting. I know where my children are and what they are doing.

I also teach them not to damage property and to be respectful of others.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:10 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

They are smashing car windows and houses to steal guns and sell them. Most of them are put up to the crime by adults because they cant be arrested for it.

Old 06-10-2020, 03:40 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,707,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
They are smashing car windows and houses to steal guns and sell them. Most of them are put up to the crime by adults because they cant be arrested for it.
Not entirely true.

Depending on their age and the seriousness of their crime (amongst other things), they can end up in juvenile hall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta