Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 07:16 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
When did you movr out of GA?

Was it for a new job?
I’m assuming he went to NYC. But unfortunately didn’t realize that in Cuomoland everything is closed and you can’t get any services right now from the state.

Many people I know in NYC are fleeing; apparently the smell and the rats are really bad in some parts of Manhattan.

Everything cool and hip about NYC is out the window right now. I don’t expect bars to reopen anytime soon.

But Atlanta is so horrible that some people need to escape...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 08:53 AM

11,778 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I’m assuming he went to NYC. But unfortunately didn’t realize that in Cuomoland everything is closed and you can’t get any services right now from the state.

Many people I know in NYC are fleeing; apparently the smell and the rats are really bad in some parts of Manhattan.

Everything cool and hip about NYC is out the window right now. I don’t expect bars to reopen anytime soon.

But Atlanta is so horrible that some people need to escape...
FWIW everything cool and hip about anywhere USA is also out the window and its too early for bars to reopen just about anywhere. We attempted to reopen them but it was a very shortlived experience when everyone crowded into them hoping to chug away their pandemic miseries. We overwhelmed our hospital capacity and were forced to re-close them and also force restaurants back to 50% capacity...this happening in a state that swings about as far right as you can swing.

America in general just isn't going to be what it used to be pre-pandemic for a considerable period of time.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:44 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
I’d hate to be single and in my 20’s or 30’s right now. I was hanging out in NYC after 9/11 and it was surreal - this has to be 10x worse.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 1,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I’d hate to be single and in my 20’s or 30’s right now. I was hanging out in NYC after 9/11 and it was surreal - this has to be 10x worse.

Well, we've apparently decided that destroying the lives of of everyone under the age of 70 is worth it to give some octogenarians a couple more months on life support, so I guess it's fine. Kids don't need to go to school or anything like that. Young adults going on dates? Why? And putting every small business in the United States on life support is nothing compared to the 0.001% mortality rate for people under 70 without major health complications. Duh!

Old 07-20-2020, 12:36 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTap View Post
Well, we've apparently decided that destroying the lives of of everyone under the age of 70 is worth it to give some octogenarians a couple more months on life support, so I guess it's fine. Kids don't need to go to school or anything like that. Young adults going on dates? Why? And putting every small business in the United States on life support is nothing compared to the 0.001% mortality rate for people under 70 without major health complications. Duh!
Yes, as we all know the economy is more precious than human lives.

This post disgusts me.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 1,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post

This post disgusts me.

Yes, all children in the United States losing a year of normal socialization and education has ZERO negative effects. The one and only metric for all decisions is minimizing the number of 80-somethings who die while having a mild coronavirus present in their immune system. 200 IQ. People on the internet are absolutely delusional, useless people.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:48 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
Quote:

This post disgusts me.
Please take note of the join date and post count...

Old 07-20-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Please take note of the join date and post count...
I did. What a nice start as his first post, I wonder if it's Governor Kemp?

Old 07-20-2020, 04:01 PM

11,778 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Quote:
I did. What a nice start as his first post, I wonder if it's Governor Kemp?
Wouldn’t be surprising. He’s probably hard up for supporters at this rate.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Wouldn’t be surprising. He’s probably hard up for supporters at this rate.
As well he should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta