Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:13 AM

7,582 posts, read 10,769,325 times

Advertisements

The fairest source I have found so far that has done a good job creatively showing when things get really cold, really hot, or muggy (or in other places... oppressively muggy) is this place: https://weatherspark.com/y/15598/Ave...tes-Year-Round

Look it over and compare it to where you're from. It should give you an idea of what times of year our weather will be similar to yours and when it is different and by how much.

Attached Thumbnails
Weather question-weatherspark_atl_hourly.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 05:42 AM

7 posts, read 6,238 times
Thanks everyone!!! I, for one, am looking forward to the warmth. Way better than two feet of snow!!
I’ll hold off on the question about traffic ... LOL!

Old 11-21-2017, 05:47 AM

816 posts, read 994,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcorm View Post
My husband is considering an offer to relocate from CT to GA.
I have lots of questions about locations etc but my first question is about weather.
Everyone says to me “oh you’ll hate it...it’s so hot”. My question is if it’s so bad why do people keep moving there? So how bad is itreally? Curious to know other transplants opinions on the weather, obviously in particular, the summer.
For me, i dread winter. Starting now it’s 30° here and doesn’t warm up again until May. I welcome the heat, lol.
Anyway, i just keep hearing people say I’ll hate it and i would like to know what it’s *really* like.
Thanks!
Former New Englander here. Having lived through 2 summers in GA so far, I can tell you that it is really not THAT bad. Yes, it gets hot and humid, but summers up north to do too. It just lasts longer down here. And keep in mind, it doesn't get as hot as Texas (100+ degree days every summer) and definitely not as humid as South Florida. You'll be fine.

Plus think about all the snow you'll never have to shovel again

Old 11-21-2017, 05:49 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,561,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I’ve lived in the south my entire life and the hottest place I’ve ever been was NYC in July.
^ This, for sure! As someone who grew up in CT, just north of the Merritt Parkway [i.e., the rain/snow line], and now living in Georgia, I can absolutely back up the above statement. Rare was the summer in CT that didn't get above 97 degrees for several days. 2016 notwithstanding, it doesn't happen all that often down here.

North Georgia isn't as hot/humid as you'd think. Remember, we're up on this plateau, so the mugginess isn't as much of a thing as it is near Long Island Sound.

"Wintertime" will just feel like early November for about 4-5 months.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:26 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,751,604 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone!!! I, for one, am looking forward to the warmth. Way better than two feet of snow!!
It's not as bad as everyone claims as long as you can either live near your job, have a position near MARTA, get to work before traffic begins, live in a reverse commute or live near the express bus so you don't have to drive into the city

Old 11-21-2017, 07:29 AM

693 posts, read 356,968 times
I've lived in NY, FL and GA, and have traveled for work to many states, in the east coast and west coast.....and have found that GA offered the best weather when looking at the whole year in it's entirety.

It's just one of the reasons why I long to move back to GA.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:02 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Atlanta gets hot, but rarely gets blazing hot. I think it's overstated and pretty easy to adjust to unless you work outside.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:13 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Quote:
Smart lady! Good luck and let us know how the move plans go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: