Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 12:26 PM

333 posts, read 388,163 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I feel like an accountant is needed to analyze these carrier bills.

Did any of you who were grandfathered (or grandmothered) in on the original unlimited data plan through Verizon Wireless switch over to one of these new unlimited plans? How did that work out for you? On the surface, these look more attractive than what we currently have. The wife and I both still have unlimited data while a teen is on the 2 Gig data plan from a few years back. She carries a T-Mobile Hotspot for an additional 10 gigs of internet access per month. We all share 1400 minutes of talk time.

If we make the switch, I'm just concerned that V will have a clause hidden in the new agreement stating that they can end the unlimited data plans at any time and we'll be out there with everyone else paying for data. Still, just like cable before we cut the cord, we have to get this bill down.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 AM

6,503 posts, read 3,434,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMove View Post
Sometimes I feel like an accountant is needed to analyze these carrier bills.

Did any of you who were grandfathered (or grandmothered) in on the original unlimited data plan through Verizon Wireless switch over to one of these new unlimited plans? How did that work out for you? On the surface, these look more attractive than what we currently have. The wife and I both still have unlimited data while a teen is on the 2 Gig data plan from a few years back. She carries a T-Mobile Hotspot for an additional 10 gigs of internet access per month. We all share 1400 minutes of talk time.

If we make the switch, I'm just concerned that V will have a clause hidden in the new agreement stating that they can end the unlimited data plans at any time and we'll be out there with everyone else paying for data. Still, just like cable before we cut the cord, we have to get this bill down.

Thanks in advance.
I am not brave enough to see for myself. I am also on the grandfathered unlimited data plan, and have to pay for mobile hot spot separately. Rumor has it that if I were to drop the feature, I wouldn't be able to add it back. Same for international calling plans.

All I know is that if it weren't for my employee discount, I'd be paying nearly $200 a month for a single line.

I've given other carriers a test run, however, always ended up returning the device within the trial period. Nothing gets as good of service as Verizon Wireless. They're the only carrier that still hasn't decommissioned their 2G/CDMA 1X network, (thanks OnStar).

I'd rather hang onto this plan and have a basic home internet plan, than get a value-based cell plan to make room for more services tied to me being at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta